All not well in Trump family

Trump was excited that Barron would be a delegate at the FL RNC convention.

Melania says “no!”

(Trump also recently managed to get Barron’s age wrong)

https://youtu.be/73p0w6yHRqo?si=uAt2x1-NPWg95n3g

Definitely an interesting turn of events. Though the young man is 18, why not release his own statement? Certainly he has access to the press. Kind of makes me wonder how overbearing mommy is, and how unadjusted to real life the kid is. I’ll grant at 18 years old, he doesn’t know shit about life yet, but really, having your mom still speak for you?

Mom can craft the statement, but it would have looked a whole lot better if it came from him personally. Even then the whole situation would still look like a shit show but he wouldn’t look like a young man hiding behind his mother.

I’ve never looked into it at all, but he’s always sorta looked cold and emotionless whenever I’ve seen him. Just first impression, makes me think he might be “neuro diverse”, as they say nowadays.

That’s a great point and a possibility. Rightfully so, he was off-limits during trump’s Presidency, so we don’t know much about him as he was kept out of the limelight.

My impression is that Melania cares about her son. I know very little about her, but my impression is that she knows the stress that comes from being scrutinized, and she has insisted on keeping her son from being too exposed.

In college I looked at studies of young athletes who suffered burnout. According to the science in 1996, the number one reason young people suffer burnout in sports is a lack of a buffer or protective element. When kids deal with intense challenges all on their own, the stress of it is too great for many of them. So having a press agent or parent who acts as an intermediary is very beneficial.

My 18 year old can’t seem to make his own doctors appointments right now. I don’t think putting any 18 year old into a role in the Trump political shitshow is a good idea. Why would anyone want that for an 18 year old? That’s just mean to the kid.

Definitely an interesting turn of events. Though the young man is 18, why not release his own statement? Certainly he has access to the press. Kind of makes me wonder how overbearing mommy is, and how unadjusted to real life the kid is. I’ll grant at 18 years old, he doesn’t know shit about life yet, but really, having your mom still speak for you?

Mom can craft the statement, but it would have looked a whole lot better if it came from him personally. Even then the whole situation would still look like a shit show but he wouldn’t look like a young man hiding behind his mother.

17 years , 364 days - Leave him out of politics. He is a child!!!
18 years - He should be putting out his own press statements, and not having his overbearing Mom speak for him!!!

18 years - He should be putting out his own press statements, and not having his overbearing Mom speak for him!!!

But that comes from within the Trump family. Barron attending the RNC as a delegate is an unambiguous adult role. And an unambiguous public political role. Announced by the Florida GOP Chairman, not mom or dad.

And then mom announces he’s not through a mom press release. Not Barron signalling to the Florida GOP Chairman that he’s withdrawing.

That’s on them, not us.

I’d be ticked if my mom had done something like that to me at age 18. Sure, maybe still her right to make me withdraw. But let me pretend to have the adult agency to appear to withdraw of my own volition.

Does his Dad even know how old he is?

But that comes from within the Trump family. Barron attending the RNC as a delegate is an unambiguous adult role. And an unambiguous public political role. Announced by the Florida GOP Chairman, not mom or dad.

And then mom announces he’s not through a mom press release. Not Barron signalling to the Florida GOP Chairman that he’s withdrawing.

That’s on them, not us.

I’d be ticked if my mom had done something like that to me at age 18. Sure, maybe still her right to make me withdraw. But let me pretend to have the adult agency to appear to withdraw of my own volition.

It would not surprise me if the Florida GOP assigned the role of delegate to Barron w/o any consultation w/ Barron and/or his parents. A good portion of the GOP does insanely stupid things— like thinking they can take over a school board by purporting to vote themselves in. They do stuff w/o proper authority all the time.

I don’t know the facts about the PR person who issued the statement, but that individual might now represent Barron, an individual, in addition to Melania, an individual, now that he is 18. Previously, that PR person may have represented Barron, a minor, by and through his mother, Melania.

I think it’s silly to create scandal here and suggest Melania or Barron have been insulted or acted insultingly here w/o additional information. My perspective is highly colored by the fact that I am a mom with a new 18 year old. There is an adjustment period following the 18th birthday where the new adult doesn’t quite have full autonomy and independence, although legally they do.

… makes me think he might be “neuro diverse”, as they say nowadays.

“Divergent” is the word here, I believe

Anyone who would want to put their 18 year old kid in a political spotlight is an idiot.

As a teenager there is no way I would want to be at these events with the cameras on me. I can def someone say , just smile and don’t do anything dumb. That would lead me to being a stiff.

Judging kids for acting like kids is silly. If your family drags you into the show it’s fair game though.

Apparently not. In the clip I posted Trump keeps saying he’s proud of Barron “but he’s very, very young. Just 17.”

Guess Trump missed his 18 birthday, but is very worried about missing his high school graduation!

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10/15/09/34418592-8842709-In_some_of_the_images_Hunter_Biden_is_seen_with_a_crack_pipe_han-a-1_1602749569849.jpg

wake me up when somebody in the Trump family gets to this point

… makes me think he might be “neuro diverse”, as they say nowadays.

“Divergent” is the word here, I believe

Yes, knew that didn’t sound quite right.

Apparently not. In the clip I posted Trump keeps saying he’s proud of Barron “but he’s very, very young. Just 17.”

Guess Trump missed his 18 birthday, but is very worried about missing his high school graduation!

Exactly.

trump was granted his request my the judge to attend his youngest son’s graduation next week.

He will be attending a fundraiser that evening. Not sure he pulls off the double, but it is logistically possible.

I’ve never looked into it at all, but he’s always sorta looked cold and emotionless whenever I’ve seen him. Just first impression, makes me think he might be “neuro diverse”, as they say nowadays.

I had that same thought the other day. Hopefully for him it is just a facade for the camera, but the photos that I’ve seen support what you said.

wake me up when somebody in the Trump family gets to this point

Since you asked nicely.

https://youtu.be/47yFRXZqB0g

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.huffingtonpost.com%2Fasset%2F5f46c5f924000062001ec3ed.jpeg%3Fcache%3DubRDR0DxUP%26ops%3D1778_1000&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fce3f1491edb704e62f53f24cfbcff33bc9fd0a0a1b71edfc742b18a9357023d&ipo=images

Meh. Hardly any 18 year olds are ready to issue statements to the general national public about declining a role in their controversial father’s election efforts. And most 18 year olds don’t have their own press office. I haven’t seen a full statement, but it sounds like the quote from Melania’s office was communicated as Barron declining, as opposed to Melania making that decision.

don’t worry Barron has lots of years to grow into the role of issuing press releases.

After all, we now consider a 50 year old son of a President, who gets thrown out of the armed services, is a crack head who leaves cocaine in the WH, while possessing guns, shaking down foreign govt’s (both without a license to do so) and cheating on his taxes to be “just a kid” still.

Trump is just a father who loves his son deeply and will do anything to support him. It’s really part of his every guy persona that we can all admire and relate to.

Now, god forbid, if one of them happens to get brain cancer and die… furgetaboutit!!! Instant off the charts empathy and comparisons to anyone who has ever died of anything, anywhere.

and then of course there’s the nephew who can always related to anyone’s uncle being eaten by cannibals aspect of things.

don’t worry Barron has lots of years to grow into the role of issuing press releases.

After all, we now consider a 50 year old son of a President, who gets thrown out of the armed services, is a crack head who leaves cocaine in the WH, while possessing guns, shaking down foreign govt’s (both without a license to do so) and cheating on his taxes to be “just a kid” still.

Trump is just a father who loves his son deeply and will do anything to support him. It’s really part of his every guy persona that we can all admire and relate to.

Now, god forbid, if one of them happens to get brain cancer and die… furgetaboutit!!! Instant off the charts empathy and comparisons to anyone who has ever died of anything, anywhere.

and then of course there’s the nephew who can always related to anyone’s uncle being eaten by cannibals aspect of things.

Responding to yourself…could you be any more of a sock puppet?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMXMxNzNqcmVxajBnYnByb245OXMyejBlMTl4cDB4ZDZ6MGtjc2ljdyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/Jpp4Ywn9OH8kZOUEuH/giphy.gif

Let’s try this again: https://www.politicalflare.com/2023/10/video-of-don-jr-slurring-and-unable-to-form-a-cohesive-sentence-has-people-concerned-jeez-hes-high-as-a-kite/