70.3 World Championship Visa

Coming from the United States and racing in Taupo. Just wondering what Visa I would need? seeing two different options online. Just wondering if anyone has any information on which one to get. Thanks!

I wouldn’t think you need anything more than a regular visit visa. For those coming from waiver countries (US included) you just require the NZeTA.

If you’re not from one of those countries I think you can apply for a sports visa which Ironman can give you a letter for.

2 Likes

Go to the New Zealand govt website. Takes about 5-10 minutes to fill out. Took about 30 seconds for approval once submitted.

You need to pay for your NZeTA and an IVL*. Fees are tripled if you wait until October so do it now. The payment covers 90 days of stay and the clock starts once you arrive in NZ.

Purchase Summary:

|New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority fee*:expressionless:$23.00 NZD|
|International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy:|$35.00 NZD|

|TOTAL|$58.00 NZD| (note: about $36USD)

You can go to other websites that look real official. They charge handling fees on top on what goes to the NZ Govt but add no value. Quicker to go straightaway to the govt website.

*If interested: “The International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) is a way for you to contribute directly to the tourism infrastructure you use and to help protect and enhance the natural environment you will enjoy during your stay in New Zealand.”

In my opinion, go for the race and stay for a vacation. NZ has so much natural beauty to offer. About halfway through our holiday there, my wife said about the scenery, “It just keeps coming!” And it did: mountains, beaches, glaciers, meadows, forests, farms, food, friendly people, sounds, lakes, and views galore. One of the prettiest countries I ever visited.

“Triing: A Journey of Discovery, Challenges, and Camaraderie while Racing in 50 States and the Continents Beyond”

(Amazon.com)