2x10 front and 11 rear

Can you put 11speed rear derailur and11 cassete and change shifter AND still have front 2x10 setup???
I am thinking to change it on my friends old tt bike.

yes, it will work; you’ll need a 11s chain also

yes, it will work; you’ll need a 11s chain also
Ah yes…totaly forgot that
Will there be any problems/rubing in front chainring or so?

10 and 11 speed chainrings have virtually all the same thickness: no problem there at all, then; plus on TT bikes you have friction front shifting: you can micro adjust while riding and be sure it won’t rub

Can you put 11speed rear derailleur and an 11speed cassette and change shifter AND still have front 2x10 setup???
I am thinking to change it on my friend’s old tt bike.One final wrinkle to check.
Take the 10sp cassette off and see how many spacers there are. If only one 1mm spacer, the freehub is an 8/9/10sp and an 11sp cassette will not fit on. If two spacers, fine.

Can you put 11speed rear derailleur and an 11speed cassette and change shifter AND still have front 2x10 setup???
I am thinking to change it on my friend’s old tt bike.One final wrinkle to check.
Take the 10sp cassette off and see how many spacers there are. If only one 1mm spacer, the freehub is an 8/9/10sp and an 11sp cassette will not fit on. If two spacers, fine.

good point, but there are a few fixes for that:

1. use a long cage rd and 11-34 cassette (which fits on 8-9-10s freehubs)
  2. file 1.8mm off the back of the largest cog on the 11s cassette (if smaller than 11-34)
  3. file 1.8mm off the freehub step