22.3 Million new gun owners in 4 years

According to industry data, here are the numbers of new gun buyers in the US:

2020… approximately 8.4 Million

2021… approximately 5.4 Million

2022… approximately 4.2 Million

2023… approximately 4.3 Million

Those first-time buyers are spending an average of $500 to $700 on their purchase (mostly 9mm handguns).

Taking into account all buyers, over 1 Million firearms have been purchased every month for 58 consecutive months.

Firearm ownership among law-abiding Americans is essential to guarantee the freedoms that we all enjoy.

How are all of these gun owners going to vote in the upcoming elections?

How are all of these gun owners going to vote in the upcoming elections?//

My guess that most of them are women and minorities, getting ready just in case Trump wins the election. You are right in that folks wont stand for govt taking over their rights, and thus they will be prepared…

Only thing I can think of, as all the other red hat guys already have guns and have been playing army for decades now.

How are all of these gun owners going to vote in the upcoming elections?//

My guess that most of them are women and minorities, getting ready just in case Trump wins the election. You are right in that folks wont stand for govt taking over their rights, and thus they will be prepared…

Only thing I can think of, as all the other red hat guys already have guns and have been playing army for decades now.

Thank the lord we have these patriots to protect us.
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aL11LXV_700b.jpg

Do you have non-industry numbers? Or a name for your source?

Also, do you have any date that reflects the number of responsible owners who buy new guns vs kooks like yourself who buy new guns?

All the hunters I personally know support reasonable restrictions on purchasing and carrying. I don’t give a crap if they buy new guns. They can vote whichever whichway they choose.

Also, do you have any date that reflects the number of responsible owners who buy new guns vs kooks like yourself who buy new guns?

All the hunters I personally know support reasonable restrictions on purchasing and carrying. I don’t give a crap if they buy new guns. They can vote whichever whichway they choose.

Whenever important discussions devolve please
look no further than in your own mirror. The fact that you call him a kook here is ridiculous.

How do you claim to know he is anything other than a responsible gun owner?

look no further than in your own mirror. The fact that you call him a kook here is ridiculous.

I know he is a kook because I have eyeballs & read his posts. Then I consider whether any rational person would share his beliefs. After I conclude that no rational person would share his beliefs, I choose the descriptor “kook.”

Do you share his beliefs about guns? Do you want to explain to me how the beliefs are rational? In an effort to keep this discussion related to guns, I invite you to talk about guns & public policy.

I know he is a kook because I have eyeballs & read his posts. Then I consider whether any rational person would share his beliefs. After I conclude that no rational person would share his beliefs, I choose the descriptor “kook.”

Do you share his beliefs about guns? Do you want to explain to me how the beliefs are rational? In an effort to keep this discussion related to guns, I invite you to talk about guns & public policy.

Burden of proof is on you since you’re the one who made the accusations. Please provide specific references to Jim’s posts about guns that demonstrate:

1: He is a “kook”

2: He is an irresponsible gun owner.

Cheers

How are all of these gun owners going to vote in the upcoming elections?

This may come as a surprise to you but most gun owners are normal, reasonable, people and do not share your extreme positions.

What are the years prior? That short timeline looks like a decline, but starting to plateau.

FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (commonly called NICS) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Burden of proof is on you since you’re the one who made the accusations. Please provide specific references to Jim’s posts about guns that demonstrate:

Cheers

Most Americans support background checks. Jim & his National Shooting Sports Foundation
strongly oppose background checks.

“Also, do you have any date that reflects the number of responsible owners who buy new guns vs kooks like yourself who buy new guns?”

The data isn’t about buying new guns.

The data is about new buyers of guns.

Cheers

Most Americans support background checks. Jim & his National Shooting Sports Foundation

Jim supports allowing violent domestic abusers unlimited access to firearms.

“Also, do you have any date that reflects the number of responsible owners who buy new guns vs kooks like yourself who buy new guns?”

Do you have any data that reflects the number of responsible new owners of guns versus kooks like you?

When considering how people vote, I care more about responsibility than whether or not they own a gun. Like I said, I know responsible gun owners. I feel pretty comfortable about how they might vote. They are responsible, after all.

Do you have any data that reflects the number of responsible new owners of guns versus kooks like you?

When considering how people vote, I care more about responsibility than whether or not they own a gun. Like I said, I know responsible gun owners. I feel pretty comfortable about how they might vote. They are responsible, after all.

I think that is an impossible question to answer. From my own work experience investigating gun crimes (mostly suicides but also probably a hundred homicide and attempted homicides), a significant portion of the perpetrators were historically “responsible” gun owners until they committed their crime and became a “kook”, especially when talking about suicide and domestic violence homicide/attempted homicide. One might argue that for the DV crimes there was generally a history, even if there was no criminal history (and that may very well be true, I think it most likely is).

Cheers

https://www.nssf.org/government-relations/factsheets/universal-background-checks/

Cheers

I support due process.

When someone has been proven to be dangerous/violent, they should not be allowed to have firearms. I believe that the Supreme Court will vote 7-2 against Rahimi. However, they may also say that non-violent felons can have firearms. The Range case and the Daniels case will be coming up soon to also help define who “the people” are.

Cheers

I support due process.

When someone has been proven to be dangerous/violent, they should not be allowed to have firearms. I believe that the Supreme Court will vote 7-2 against Rahimi. However, they may also say that non-violent felons can have firearms. The Range case and the Daniels case will be coming up soon to also help define who “the people” are.

You are on the side of violent abusers, like Rahimi, who want to get guns so they can finish the job. You are the fringe.

Cheers

I support due process.

If I recall, you are also a supporter of fraud/tax evasion too. So, you have no problem with breaking the law when it is convenient to yourself.

Cheers

I support due process.

Due process is a process. It is a set of established rules balancing of rights of an individual and the rights of the society. Due process does not mean we tip the balance entirely to protect the right to have guns. Obviously the right of a person to be free from gun violence must be weighed.

I would like to know what weight, if any, you give to people to be free of gun violence. Do you think that right exists? If so, what measures do you support to protect it?