2025 IM slots allocation

Does anyone know when the slot allocation typically comes out for the following year.

I could not help to notice that we are 6 weeks out from the start of the next season…

Honestly, given that they can’t give away the non Kona spots, i’m wandering if their will be a return to the old format.

I searched on this forum and last year at the end of july they published slots through the end of the year.

Race dates for 2025 have already been published
https://www.ironman.com/...kona-2025-race-dates

Honestly, given that they can’t give away the non Kona spots, i’m wandering if their will be a return to the old format.

Is that still the case this year? My assumption is that the Nice slots will end up rolling about as deep as 70.3 worlds (sometimes deep, but usually within the top 20-30), maybe a little deeper. Are they frequently rolling through the entire AG though?

Is that still the case this year? My assumption is that the Nice slots will end up rolling about as deep as 70.3 worlds (sometimes deep, but usually within the top 20-30), maybe a little deeper. Are they frequently rolling through the entire AG though?
Yep
Cant give ‘em away

And in australia even kona slots are rolling super deep also
No need for legacy anymore

Don’t tempt me with a good time. I was already tempted by Cairns, but told myself it’s the only option most Aussies really have to get to Kona so there’s no chance of a roll down!

In Cairns, I’m pretty sure than less that 15 of the 40 Nice spots were taken (<150 women in total)

For men’s were pretty AG dependent… mine only rolled by 2, some rolled by 8-10, but all the spots were taken

In Cairns,

For men’s were pretty AG dependent… mine only rolled by 2, some rolled by 8-10, but all the spots were taken
Plus the quality of the fields in Oz now is far from what it has been for 20 plus years
So not only are kona spots rolling like never before , you can also get in with a much much slower time.

Don’t tempt me with a good time. I was already tempted by Cairns, but told myself it’s the only option most Aussies really have to get to Kona so there’s no chance of a roll down!
No problem at any of the Australian races
Spots are rolling and also quality isn’t there so it’s pretty easy for your average (or even less so in some ages) to KQ at any race in Oz

At my recent 70.3 qualifier, the two slots in my age group rolled all the way to 3rd place (I was 7th). Last year, same race it rolled to 4th (I was 5th). So its not totally easy in every age group. Next year in my age group almost all races will have one slot and it almost never rolls.

At my recent 70.3 qualifier, the two slots in my age group rolled all the way to 3rd place (I was 7th). Last year, same race it rolled to 4th (I was 5th). So its not totally easy in every age group. Next year in my age group almost all races will have one slot and it almost never rolls.

Sheesh, talk about sad luck! But usually the timing is a huge factor. End of 2023 slots for 2024 don’t roll that deep, but they roll deeper in 2024.