2025 IM Pro Series, Global Prize Purse Announced

Originally published at: 2025 IM Pro Series, Global Prize Purse Announced - Slowtwitch News

The IRONMAN Pro Series will return in 2025, with the series set to visit seven new destinations next year.

Those seven new destination events are mostly focused in Europe, as IRONMAN made a point to offer events in a wider geographic spread in 2025.

Coming to the calendar in 2025 is the new season kickoff in Australia at IRONMAN 70.3 Geelong in March; IRONMAN South Africa; IRONMAN 70.3 Venice-Jesolo; IRONMAN 70.3 Aix-en-Provence; IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman; and IRONMAN 70.3 Swansea. The final additional destination is 2025’s season concluding IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships, to be held in Marbella, Spain.

IRONMAN CEO Scott DeRue said, “The feedback from athletes, fans, partners, and the wider triathlon community to the inaugural season of the IRONMAN Pro Series has been overwhelmingly positive and we are excited to continue with the series in 2025. The 2025 schedule has seven new host cities and has been designed to provide athletes with racing opportunities that are more evenly distributed geographically throughout the year. With the 2025 IRONMAN Pro Series locked in, we hope that athletes can look forward to their next year of racing with excitement and begin planning their 2025 race schedule.”

Series points will be awarded in the same manner as 2024, with winners of IRONMAN events receiving 5000 points and winners of 70.3 distance races receiving 2500 points, with points for finishers thereafter decreasing by every second behind they finish. The two Championship events will award 6000 and 3000 points, respectively, to their winners. Athletes may race as many times as they wish in the Series, but only their top five points-scoring finishes count for the series.

The Pro Series will also offer a combined total prize pool of $4.2 million: $2.5 million in prize purses at races, and $1.7 million in end-of-season bonuses paid out to the top 50 athletes in the Series. Tweaks to payments for athletes finishing 11-50 were designed to increase competition outside the top 10.

Current series leader Jackie Hering said, “I’m super excited to hear that it is going to continue in 2025. The [IRONMAN] Pro Series I think offers us pros a real clarity on races to choose and how to design our season, if the series is something we are going after. For me, at this point it will load me full of motivation and excitement to know exactly what races I’m going to target for next year.”

The full 2025 IM Pro Series is as follows:

Mar. 23 IRONMAN 70.3 Geelong Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Mar. 30 ISUZU IRONMAN South Africa African Championship Nelson Mandela Bay, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Apr. 5 Athletic Brewing IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside  Oceanside, California, USA 
Apr. 26 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas North American Championship The Woodlands, Texas, USA 
May 4 IRONMAN 70.3 Venice-Jesolo Jesolo, Venice, Italy
May 10 Intermountain Health IRONMAN 70.3 St. George North American Championship St. George, Utah, USA
May 18 IRONMAN 70.3 Aix-en-Provence Aix-en-Provence, France
Jun. 1 IRONMAN Hamburg European Championship (F Pro)  Hamburg, Germany 
Jun. 8 IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman Cambridge, Maryland, USA
Jun. 15 Cairns Airport IRONMAN Cairns  Cairns, Queensland, Australia 
Jun. 29 Mainova IRONMAN Frankfurt European Championship (M Pro) Frankfurt, Germany 
Jul. 13 IRONMAN 70.3 Swansea Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Jul. 20 Athletic Brewing IRONMAN Lake Placid  Lake Placid, New York, USA 
Aug. 31 IRONMAN 70.3 Zell am See-Kaprun  Zell am See, Austria 
Sept. 14  VinFast IRONMAN World Championship – Men’s Race   Nice, France 
Oct. 11 VinFast IRONMAN World Championship – Women’s Race  Kona, Hawai`i, USA 
Nov. 8-9 VinFast IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship  Marbella, Spain

IRONMAN will also continue to offer prize purses at non-Pro Series races. Those 40 events, which also offer IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship slots to professionals, will award an additional $1.8 million in prize money, bringing the total purse on offer through IRONMAN racing to north of $6 million.

Photo: Patrick McDermott / Getty Images for IRONMAN

I like it that ST is committed to covering Ironman racing. As much as i like seeing other orgs taking a crack at it, I continue to think of IM as the leader of the pack.