120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days

Surprised I haven’t seen it here yet: https://www.challenge-roth.com/en/news-area/challenge-roth-120-times-in-a-row-extreme-athlete-jonas-deichmann-aims-to-set-the-next-world-record-with-120-long-distance-triathlons-in-120-days.html

Jonas Deichmann attempts to do 120 Challenge Roth’s in 120 consecutive days - with the actual event right in the middle.

What are his chances to finish?

I just think, does this person not have anything better to do with their life?

Well probably because it hasn’t started as of yet, or somewhere in the middle where we can start to get excited about it. I did hear of it awhile back, but thanks for the story as to when it starts and courses.

As with all of these iron cowboy type events, I will be interested in how he plans to race each day, and what paces he will be able to hold. If it is just another swim behind others, draft in a pack and do 15+ hour days, then count me as uninspired. Rait set the bar a couple years ago, that to me is the real record in this genre, not how little one can sleep and keep walking…

Well probably because it hasn’t started as of yet, or somewhere in the middle where we can start to get excited about it. I did hear of it awhile back, but thanks for the story as to when it starts and courses.

As with all of these iron cowboy type events, I will be interested in how he plans to race each day, and what paces he will be able to hold. If it is just another swim behind others, draft in a pack and do 15+ hour days, then count me as uninspired. Rait set the bar a couple years ago, that to me is the real record in this genre, not how little one can sleep and keep walking…

The guy has a serious track record so I would be surprised if he does not finish it .
He is a good cyclist and I would think should ride faster than raid but overall I guess he will likely be slower.
I believe he is doing Roth course 120 time I would assume he will swim in the pool or the lake as the canal is off limits.

I just think, does this person not have anything better to do with their life?

This is how the guy makes a living
It’s his job and I believe he makes a good living from it

He‘ll swim in lake Roth, which is fairly close to the canal.

that would be a chance for doing the roth event for free, on a semi controlled course

Surprised I haven’t seen it here yet: https://www.challenge-roth.com/...ons-in-120-days.html

I’m surprised, too. We love repetitive stuff!