11 speed 11-40 cassettes with 12t sprocket?

Hi all, advice from the great knowledge collective sought. Are there any 11 speed cassettes 11-40 that don’t just jump 11-13-15 at the start? Would love a 12t sprocket option. Can’t seem to find any though.

Thanks in advance

Short answer - no.

You’d need the 2nd sprocket from the 11-25, 11-28 or 11-32 Shimano 11s cassettes. Maybe there’s a shop selling those online. If you’re determined, you could buy an entire cassette and replace the 2nd sprocket.

Why do you want to be so far down the cassette in the 11 and 12?

Why do you want to be so far down the cassette in the 11 and 12?

My set-up is very ghetto due to choices I made with the cable stops and front derailleur hanger on the frame many many years ago. I can only run my bike as a 1x. Current set up is 1x9 speed with an 11-32 cassette and 48t chainring. Honestly, the range and gaps are close to everything I need but I’d prefer if I could keep the chain at less extreme angle when going up and down hills.

Therefore I thought I would go to 1x11 speed with an 11-40 cassette and 54t chainring. I then get a similar gear as 48x11 in the 54x12 and gain a granny gear in the rear. 54x36 would be same as my current 48x32.

Also I like to do hilly races. While I am more than happy to freewheel going downhill at local races as the road surfaces are bumpy, I am doing Marbella 70.3 this year and those are descents you can pedal down, so having a 54x11 would be nice.