10K race this afternoon

That sort of crept up. Who’s going to win.?

Ethiopians are making it a fast race. Sub27 pace through 3k.

Cheptegei

Thought Fisher was going to get Silver. He ran a brilliant race.

Hell of a last 100m from the silver medalist. That was quite a kick at the end.

That was a great race. Thought cheptegai was bluffing. Aregawi with an actual kick for once, he came from way back.

That was a cracking race right from the start.
1st 5000 in 13:23 and 2nd in 13:20
First American athlete on the podium since 1912 apparently

Great race!

Wow, at one point Cheptagai was 25m behind. When he made his appearance in the lead group once again, the Canadian broadcasters surmised that he may have been lapped. I am a little disappointed that those veteran broadcasters didn’t notice that he made a major move to get back into the lead group.
Mo Ahmed ran a great race the whole way before sliding back to 4th during the kick.

NOT correct
1964 Tokyo games.
Billy Mills took gold. Lakota (Souix), no finer gentleman; had several casual conversations with him.
Movie about him, “Running Brave” is excellent

NOT correct
1964 Tokyo games.
Billy Mills took gold. Lakota (Souix), no finer gentleman; had several casual conversations with him.
Movie about him, “Running Brave” is excellent

Also Rupp in 2012

Apologies. That’s what they said on the broadcast I was watching. Should have checked before posting.

In their defence, I wonder if they were broadcasting from the stadium. I know in the past (even pre-covid) Canada would have announcers call it in the studio based the feed. If the feed didn’t show the progression from 25m back to the lead, then they’re only going on what they can guess happened

Yes,I wondered that too. I looked it up and the CBC website site says that Lee/Michael Smith/Moorecroft are “from the track for athletics “.

0.1K races were great too!

Was that last mile 4:03? Rewinding things it looked like that. And how did Eregawi pull off that final 75m surge. Bummer for Canadian Mo Ahmad. Miller race a beautiful tactical race. I don’t think this nose was pushing any wind until the final 40m or so. I think Mo was playing it safe near the front, I but it seemed like he was breaking the wind for the others.

Olympic record too.

Cheptagai’s last lap was that 52?

From what I understand the track is fast.Top 8 women in qualifying in the 100m were all 10.95 and lower

An amazing race. Usually championship races are cat and mouse until the last two laps. The Ethiopians went hard from the beginning. They tried, and failed, with their team tactics. Grant Fisher stayed calm and almost got silver. And how about Nico Young. Just turned 22 and could hang with the pack for the e tire race.

In their defence, I wonder if they were broadcasting from the stadium. I know in the past (even pre-covid) Canada would have announcers call it in the studio based the feed. If the feed didn’t show the progression from 25m back to the lead, then they’re only going on what they can guess happened

If they can only guess what happened, why should we pay attention to them? That’s deception that would make any politician envious.

So many fast runners.