100mm Presta tubes or extenders?

I just picked up some 80mm race wheels on sale, and I’m wondering how other folks are set up.

I expected to find 100mm tubes fairly readily available, but I’m coming up blank. Am I just looking in the wrong places?! Failing that, whose extenders do we like for ease, convenience, and reliability? Not especially interested in going tubeless.

Thanks!

I just picked up some 80mm race wheels on sale, and I’m wondering how other folks are set up.

I expected to find 100mm tubes fairly readily available, but I’m coming up blank. Am I just looking in the wrong places?! Failing that, whose extenders do we like for ease, convenience, and reliability? Not especially interested in going tubeless.

Thanks!

Just bought some new wheels myself and just before made the realization that the longest available is 80mm for butyl tubes and like 30-40 for latex tubes.

We will definitely need extenders. I’d love to hear what ST recommends too for the best kind.

As a side note, a training buddy also noted to me that even if I somehow found tubes with valves long enough I’d still want to carry an extender so fellow cyclists could give me a spare when I needed. You can’t always assume that lent spare will have the right valve length.

You buy some of these and just attach right length extender to whatever the tube you got. That’s what I do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322516119916?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JideDEb6QnK&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ox90esynR8u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Extenders FTW:

-Spare tubes will fit more easily in your flat kit.

-You can borrow a spare tube on a group ride.

-You can more easily find tubes to buy (and at better prices).

-Better selection of performance tubes (latex/TPU).

Just get extenders they work great.

I use Fourier branded ones on Amazon. No special tricks needed, no plumbers tape or anything. You don’t even need to screw em on super tight I can screw it on without a tool and it still works fine.

It’s no biggie to have to swap the extender to a new tube if you flat on the road either. You do need to carry the tiny tool to help unscrew it and remove the valve core but it’s super easy and fast.

I never got on with extenders (I’m sure I was doing it wrong…) as they would unscrew from the tube as undid the valve - so when I swapped back from tubeless to TPU - I was super happy that the Aerothan TPUs are now available with 100mm valves.