Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Off Dumb Trainers
Quote | Reply
Does anyone make a wheel off dumb trainer? I love the feel of using the wheel off trainers, but I do not like using Zwift, TR or any other of those services, so the additional cost of a smart trainer is not appealing.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Off Dumb Trainers [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elite used to make various Turbo Muin models and some of which were not smart. You could probably get one second-hand from someone wanting the smart part.

I'm sure someone knows more about the current market than me but it's possible that the smart part is so commoditised now that you're not actually paying that much for it and at least some manufacturers don't bother making one without.

I feel kind of the same about wrist HR monitoring on a sports watch but I think they are geared up to supplying it by the million and the saving isn't there even if it seems like it should be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lemond revolution.

Not sure if they still make them but I remember them from a decade ago (or so). Loud as heck but nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Off Dumb Trainers [JStirfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JStirfry wrote:
Lemond revolution.

Not sure if they still make them but I remember them from a decade ago (or so). Loud as heck but nice.
We have an 11sp lemond revolution I picked up for $120 about a year ago. It is crazy loud. But the feel is straight up unrivaled in my opinion. At this point, Summer's bike lives on the Lemond because the noise scales pretty heavily with wattage. 400w+ intervals are comically loud with it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got the Cycleops Silencer and have been very happy with it. Used ones on eBay. I saw a new , not in box one over there just now when I checked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Elite Turno is the only one I'm aware of
Quote Reply