Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asics Metaspeed Sky & Metaspeed Edge
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the Metaspeed Sky as a race shoe, but before i pulled the trigger, they've released the Metaspeed Edge and i'm struggling to work out which would suit me better.

https://www.asics.com/ca/en-ca/asics-speed-series

The Sky is targetted at those who increase speed through increasing stride length

The Edge is is targetted at those who increase speed through increased cadence and stride length.

For me, my stride length increases as i speed up, (c.10cm on an under /over session between 3:50 & 4:10 per km) and my cadence also increases from around 172 to 179 / 180 spm on the same session).

I reached out to Asics, who said none of the above really helps and to visualise the shape of the stride, i need to look at vertical oscillation, with runners who have a higher VO being suited to the Sky and those who have a lower VO suited to the Edge.

My VO stays fairly constant across changes in pace (around 7.5 to 7.7cm measured via Stryd pod). Went into my local Asics store, but as they don't have any Edge shoes in yet, they were clueless...

Anyone on ST got any input?!

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Metaspeed Sky & Metaspeed Edge [Jwb_LDN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm in the exact same boat as you are with this and i think the Edge would suit me best....also, it is the lighter shoe... sadly, they don't have my size anywhere - but the second i see it, i'm on the Edge.
Quote Reply