Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies that Zwift
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else feel weird about people on Zwift that want to follow you? I just started using Zwift and I am enjoying it. I am friendly and will give a "Ride-on" to others but aside from people that I know, I don't think I would request to follow someone. I'm kind of an introvert so maybe that's it?
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies that Zwift [Lilly44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just started using Zwift in December. I feel a bit weird when people I don't know want to 'follow me'.

One day I was using Zwift for a race and my smart trainer was malfunctioning and my power output was liked about 250 with little or no effort. I didn't have time to re-calibrate, etc. because the 'race' I was doing was starting so I started anyways, thinking it would correct itself. I started the race going like 40 mph and watts over 250. I eventually abandoned the race because I didn't want people to accuse me of cheating and I feared messing up FTP, etc. Immediately after that incident, I received requests from about 10 people who wanted to 'follow' me. I think they thought I was a total badda$$.....
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies that Zwift [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. I didn't know that could happen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don't get it when strangers want to follow me. I don't even "follow" my friends on Zwift. I figure they are doing it to lots of people, not just me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only people I follow (and allow to follow me) are real life friends - that way I can create meetups and invite them. We ride together all the time via these closed group rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I had Zwift (cancelled it since I prefer SYSTM), whomever wanted to follow me, fine. I only followed back a few people I knew.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply