Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - SOLD
Quote | Reply
***SOLD***

I have several sets of new 85mm carbon clincher wheels available for only $695 USD + $30 insured Fedex Ground shipping within U.S. For other locations, reply to this listing or PM me for a shipping estimate. Since they were acquired through a CA company I represent, 7.25% sales tax applies to buyers in CA.

Photos below - if for some reason the pics aren't visible, you can also find them here:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cf21d110fb.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7c2625ec46.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0d6c1d2d7f.jpg

Product info:

Rims: Gigantex 85mm deep full carbon 700c clinchers - matt carbon finish - no decals
Hubs: Joy-tech (Shimano/SRAM compatible) sealed cartridge bearing
Spokes: Pillar PSR 1422 (Sandvik T302 stainless steel) aero/bladed silver - 20 front radial laced/24 rear - 1x drive side, radial non-drive side
Weight: Front - 840g, Rear - 1055g = 1895 grams total (actual weight according to my digital scale)

Wheelsets include skewers, brake shoes and carbon specific pads, and spoke tool. Rim strips are not included.

For those unfamiliar with Gigantex, they manufacture carbon rims for many other well-known companies. These are not factory seconds - each wheel is factory inspected for vertical and lateral alignment. Retail is $1300+ under other labels.

Payment via Paypal. If interested in purchasing a set, you can reply to this posting and I will PM you with payment instructions or you can PM me directly for payment instructions. Larger pics available upon request.

Last edited by: sgwheelman: Feb 12, 09 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [sgwheelman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*sigh* of all the time to not have a job/money..figure it's worth a bump based on price alone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you sell a front only?

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but I really want to keep the sets together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let it be known that i'm looking for a front...if anyone wants a rear, PM me and we can work out buying a set together.

My training
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [sgwheelman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since it's been done once already, I am willing to split wheelsets and ship the front and rear wheels to different addresses. That does require that both buyers be already matched up and the total amount must equal $695 + $20 from each wheel buyer for insured ground shipping. You can use this listing to find a wheelset partner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a rear wheel. This would be great if you take the front. I'll take the rear. What do I have to do? I've never bought anything off here before.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [petalduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, I already found someone who wanted a rear. Thus, let it be known i'm no longer looking to pair with someone looking for a rear.

happy hunting.

My training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my wheels today. They look fantastic! I need to go get some rim tape from the LBS tomorrow and get these baby w/some tires!

Thanks for the fast shipment!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a shot of the wheels and the packaging:

I got the wheels 2 days after I ordered.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by extmtnbkr [ In reply to ]
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [extmtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are quite strong - especially with the 20/24 bladed spokes. I don't have a reference to the specific maximum recommended rider weight for these, but there are some Gigantex wheels sold under other labels with a max recommended rider weight of 90kgs. The spokes themselves have a breaking strength of 280kgf. Some info on them here: http://www.pillarspoke.com/prodpop.asp?id=50
Last edited by: sgwheelman: Jan 19, 09 15:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any sort of warranty with these wheels? if so, who honors it?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [DrDubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is a one-year factory warranty against manufacturing defects. Warranty service would be through the company I represent, Sierra Bicycle Distributors, LLC - a small company that sells Element Six Bikes TT and road frames and bikes - you can find us on the web at www.element6bikes.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the weight on these wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [yoondaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weight is 840g front, 1055g rear = 1895 total +/-10g based on the 3 sets I have weighed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many sets are available and how many have you sold?

No valve extenders included either I take it?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there instructions as to the orientation of the wheel....pointy end of the swoosh forward, or the other way around?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets [Nacly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pointy end of the "swoosh" forward. Also, there is a small mfg decal and s/n next to the valve hole on one side of the wheels - the non-drive side.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [bcellis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nacly, sorry but no valve extenders. I am offering the wheels barely over the landed cost (via ocean freight), so buyers are on their own for rim strips and valve extenders. As for the number sold and available - 5 sales so far to Slowtwitch members and I think I can make available up to 7 more sets depending on some pending local sales.
Last edited by: sgwheelman: Jan 15, 09 18:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nacly, sorry but no valve extenders. I am offering the wheels barely over the landed cost (via ocean freight), so buyers are on their own for rim strips and valve extenders. As for the number sold and available - 5 sales so far to Slowtwitch members and I think I can make available up to 7 more sets depending on some pending local sales.
No worries, I just wanted to confirm. Thanks for the info. I'm on the fence but I'll let you know if/when I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there were separate buyers for front and rear wheels what is the price breakdown for each?

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [DrD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If there were separate buyers for front and rear wheels what is the price breakdown for each?

That is up to you and the other guy =)

Stal and I broke it down 55% for the rear 45% for the front

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone looking for a rear wheel? I'm interested in a front. PM me and we can discuss splitting.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 85mm Carbon Clincher Wheelsets - $695 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jack. That's about what I figured. Did you get your wheels yet? Any aero data on them anywhere?

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next