Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Slovakian PM Fico, a former communist, who halted aid to Ukraine upon taking power and has argued the US and Ukraine provoked Russia into their invasion has been shot multiple times and appears to be in critical condition.

https://www.bbc.com/...?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

Don't like the guy's positions, but eastern Europe becoming increasingly assassination-happy is not a good thing.

My hot take is this isn't a good development.

What do you expect when people falling out of windows becomes normalized?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Slovakian PM Fico, a former communist, who halted aid to Ukraine upon taking power and has argued the US and Ukraine provoked Russia into their invasion has been shot multiple times and appears to be in critical condition.

https://www.bbc.com/...?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

Don't like the guy's positions, but eastern Europe becoming increasingly assassination-happy is not a good thing.

My hot take is this isn't a good development.

No probably not.

Second night in a row that targets in Crimea are being pounded.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: May 15, 24 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Blinken goes to Ukraine. Finishes the night in an
Underground club singing with the band

https://x.com/...6UXNfIg6RaZU5j4W24_Q

Fuck you Vlad

Blinken trying to change the administrations (and UK, France, Germany) stance on use of weapons outside of territory:

https://x.com/.../1793448311954813048

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if Russia can use Iranian and N. Korean weapons outside Russian territory so should Ukraine. Fair is fair.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Well, if Russia can use Iranian and N. Korean weapons outside Russian territory so should Ukraine. Fair is fair.

Biden and the West have pussy-footed around so long that it's turned this war into a more costly, more deadly war of attrition that could go on for years. They squandered the early chance Ukraine may have had to oust the Russians. Putin outplayed them with his nuclear sabre rattling.

Ridiculous that Ukraine apparently just had to largely sit and watch the troop build up for this new Kharkiv offensive rather than strike them with western weapons.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This should be watched by every MAGA “useful idiot.”

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A troubling report:

Survivors say Russia is waging a war of sexual violence in occupied areas of Ukraine. Men are often the victims
https://www.cnn.com/...-intl-cmd/index.html

I guess the evil is spreading far, far beyond putin. It is interesting, in such a gay obsessed culture (traditional russians greatly fear and despise gay people), that there is now such focus on same sex sexual torture.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
A troubling report:

Survivors say Russia is waging a war of sexual violence in occupied areas of Ukraine. Men are often the victims
https://www.cnn.com/...-intl-cmd/index.html

I guess the evil is spreading far, far beyond putin. It is interesting, in such a gay obsessed culture (traditional russians greatly fear and despise gay people), that there is now such focus on same sex sexual torture.

I expect there are worse things that they are doing. They are reaching Taliban levels of depravity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Apparently on Telegram the Z radicals have been saying Russia has adapted and that's why the strikes on the oil refineries and the like have dropped off over the last couple of weeks.

So last night two refineries were made to burn and an air base in Moscow hit.

On this line of discussion, increasing reports that Russia's jamming capabilities have dramatically improved over the last year and HIMARS and some other "smart" munitions are near useless.

The U.S. has better tech but, sorry to say, I don't support giving it to Ukraine given China is surely sitting back taking notes on every single recordable piece of data on U.S. equipment in Ukraine. We want that stuff to have a good chance of working for a while if we ever really need it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Apparently on Telegram the Z radicals have been saying Russia has adapted and that's why the strikes on the oil refineries and the like have dropped off over the last couple of weeks.

So last night two refineries were made to burn and an air base in Moscow hit.

On this line of discussion, increasing reports that Russia's jamming capabilities have dramatically improved over the last year and HIMARS and some other "smart" munitions are near useless.

The U.S. has better tech but, sorry to say, I don't support giving it to Ukraine given China is surely sitting back taking notes on every single recordable piece of data on U.S. equipment in Ukraine. We want that stuff to have a good chance of working for a while if we ever really need it.

I believe most of that stuff going to Ukraine is older and is often sold to other countries. For example, if the Chinese or Russians want to take a look at an F-16, they can go to Egypt and pay somebody off.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

I believe most of that stuff going to Ukraine is older and is often sold to other countries. For example, if the Chinese or Russians want to take a look at an F-16, they can go to Egypt and pay somebody off.

Yeah, that's exactly my point. Though we also don't give Egypt the best stuff equipment packages for their F-16s for the same reason I pointed out that you want to keep a "holdout piece" hidden under your pantleg for if the shit really hits the fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly my point. Though we also don't give Egypt the best stuff equipment packages for their F-16s for the same reason I pointed out that you want to keep a "holdout piece" hidden under your pantleg for if the shit really hits the fan.

I would guess most modern equipment is not going to Ukraine or being sold to anyone other than our closest allies. For example, we backed out of the F-35 deal with Turkey because we couldn't trust them.

And there is plenty of stuff that the public isn't even aware of, like when the F-117 was kept secret. Somewhere between 5-10% of the military budget goes to black projects.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder of what kind of state Russia is.

https://www.cnn.com/...-pow-intl/index.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not surprised. Same pictures as from Serb concentration camps in Bosnia.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well crap. Breaks your heart to see, but yeah not surprised.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a fire. Oil refinery in Rostov took a real pounding last night.

https://www.reddit.com/...content=share_button

Quote Reply

Prev Next