Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mother's Day plans
Quote | Reply
Whatcha got going on?

Tomorrow mama sleeps in, I handle the kid chaos. Breakfast of her choosing. Gift card to the local spa, random kid selected gifts to follow, bought but yet to be wrapped. She wants to get her zinnias in the ground and spend the day outside not doing housework. Mimosas and Taylor Swift are a given. Pinot and records for our evening in house date.

My ex is spending the day in DC with my sons for Mother's Day and his birthday (Tuesday). I collaborated with my kids and she wants to go to a local landmark Italian place in Georgetown, so I booked them a reservation and paid for the dinner. Gotta remember to call the manager at noon and give him my payment info.

My mother in law invited us to a Mother's day brunch at a snooty country resort with a few family members and we've yet to tell them we're not going. I'm sure she won't mind and will also mind if/when we decline.

I'll be calling my mother in Canada for a cursory Mother's Day chat and facetime with the kids. We've not been on good terms for the last few years as her boundary issues have become harder to navigate peacefully. We just pretend the issues aren't there during the few times a year we do communicate.

How's your Mother's Day shaping up?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day plans [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh shit....totally forgot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kids are both working so I’m taking Mrs. Mck414 to a ball game, her choice, not mine.

Kids got her a few trinkets so we’ll do that after they both get home from work.

As for my Mom, I’ll call her, she lives in OR and I in CO. if I’m lucky I can pull her away from her gardening long enough for a chat.

By the way, if you’ve never spent any time on the OR coast, do so. It’s special place, and my Mom is lucky to be within spitting distance of the ocean.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day plans [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and I have been thinking of taking a trip up that way. We've gravitated to Oregon pinots and would love to do a wine trip off the beaten path. Any suggestions for must-do destinations appreciated.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12 has two ball games tomorrow (assuming they don't get canceled - thanks forest fire smoke).

Besides that, 7 made something at school for me - so that will be fun.

Trying to get the chores done today so tomorrow can be more relaxed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom died in 2006 and I miss her every day. Last night at dinner with a friend, we were talking about traveling solo and I told her my mom once told me, "If you wait for other people to do what you want to do or go where you want to go, you might be waiting a very long time, so just go there or do it."

And in today's NY Times:

• Genevieve Geer wrote about Mrs. Dunn, her friend’s mother, who “taught me that when you can’t get in through the front door, there is always a side door, or a window, to slip into the places you wanted to go.”

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a nice memory. I hope today brings more of those for you.

Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
My mom died in 2006 and I miss her every day. Last night at dinner with a friend, we were talking about traveling solo and I told her my mom once told me, "If you wait for other people to do what you want to do or go where you want to go, you might be waiting a very long time, so just go there or do it."

And in today's NY Times:

• Genevieve Geer wrote about Mrs. Dunn, her friend’s mother, who “taught me that when you can’t get in through the front door, there is always a side door, or a window, to slip into the places you wanted to go.”

I love the advice about going out into the world. That’s an adventuresome spirit, and I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our 2 kids their girlfriends plus 2 dogs are coming for lunch, gonna be nuts, but fun...lol
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day plans [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was supposed to be going to lunch with the wife and our youngest. Oldest called late Friday night from school, sick, coming out both ends pretty bad. Wife went up Saturday to help her out. Ended up staying overnight so had the day off. Mothers Day turned out to be more like Fathers day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked at my friend's ice cream shop and was gone from 12-7:45. Said hi to my mom in the AM before she and dad took off for a hike and to work on getting our camp ready. Doing presents in a bit.

Lots of moms and families at ice cream

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply