Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power2max Power meter [Ike621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I am not mistaken, P2M is founded by a couple of engineers from SRM, who left once the patent ended. Speaks heaps of why they have success.

I have three P2M PMs and never had a zero in more than 10 years (more or less)
Last edited by: Mulen: May 3, 24 23:10
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
To be fair, I've had a couple of quarq meters as well and they lined up just fine with my p2m meters. In this day and age I'd say they're both pretty good

I have a lot more drift issues on my quarq. I’ve been noticing it recently indoors. For instance, if I have my trainer to erg based on trainer power it may be showing 210w on my quarq for a bit. Then I stop pedaling for a few seconds to stretch (auto zero) then it starts showing 220w. Do it again 200w. A little over exaggerated but it’s noticeable. My p2m does not do that in the same scenario. My quarq sometimes reads funny in the same scenario outside but I don’t have a defined number to compare it to, it may just seem really high after a stop light for example.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm replacing my 2014 Speed Concept with a 2024 in 35 days (or so). I've also used my power2max crankset for almost the life of the SC and I love it.

Now that I'm looking to replace it, I've been emailing with Michael from p2m and he said the following:
"Technically the T47 should not be a problem BUT every frame is different. We have had T47 that worked 100% but once in a while there is too much carbon around the BB that hits the powermeter. We do not know why but it looks that some companies just make that area much wider. Comes down to testing it."

Has anyone successfully used a Power2Max NG with a small 2024 Speed Concept?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MtnBikerChk Tony West is adding it to my New Speed Concept (Disc Brake version) using a Rotor 150mm crank arms. I will update you once its complete if you would like.

Ike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:
MtnBikerChk Tony West is adding it to my New Speed Concept (Disc Brake version) using a Rotor 150mm crank arms. I will update you once its complete if you would like.

Yes definitely, thank you!
Quote Reply

Prev Next