Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Have you ever protested anything? [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:

Bullshit, as you are full of it. You absolutely were the most anti police person on this forum during the BLM riots. You were defending the Portland fire starters and tried to claim in this thread that was because the police station was empty and cops did bad shit so this is what happens. I showed it was not an empty police station just like you were shown that directly in the little green men thread from 2020. In the thread I linked it was not police but a sitting SCOTUS where you alluded to FAFO and that this was an option in order to remove life long appointed judges that you don't like. You are fucking lying. Usually you keep shifting or drilling down to specifics that are not relevant trying to make your damn near identical situation somehow different, then claiming a win. So stop lying and stop employing terrorist mentality arguments.

Yes, I was absolutely against the police violently attacking innocent people, since I think the police should not violate people’s rights and the police should follow the law.

That is very different than your baseless accusation that I was advocating violence.

But you seem to be one of the people that thinks police should be above the law and certain people should not have the rights granted to them by the constitution.

Quote:
I showed it was not an empty police station just like you were shown that directly in the little green men thread from 2020.

No you didn’t. You linked to a story about a different incident than the one I was posting about with Steve.

Here is the clearly empty building you are claiming had people in it, can you point me to where in the video you see people:

https://www.cbsnews.com/...-on-fire-2020-08-09/

Also are you defending the actions of law enforcement in that thread? Really?

Quote:
You are fucking lying. Usually you keep shifting or drilling down to specifics that are not relevant trying to make your damn near identical situation somehow different, then claiming a win.

You do understand this all applies to you, not me? You said I was “violently anti-police” and to show it you bring up a post about judges. So you were both lying and shifting the topic. Exactly what you are accusing me of.

Quote:
So stop lying and stop employing terrorist mentality arguments.

Ok that is just fucking funny. You are the one here upset that I was against thugs using violence.

You are an emotional crybaby. Over the years you seem to continually take the side of illegal rioters. It should strike you that you seem to be the most extreme in all these arguments. Yes you take the side of violence in favor of anarchy.

Just to be clear, me saying police should follow the law and not violate the rights of people is in favor of violence and anarchy?
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever protested anything? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:

Bullshit, as you are full of it. You absolutely were the most anti police person on this forum during the BLM riots. You were defending the Portland fire starters and tried to claim in this thread that was because the police station was empty and cops did bad shit so this is what happens. I showed it was not an empty police station just like you were shown that directly in the little green men thread from 2020. In the thread I linked it was not police but a sitting SCOTUS where you alluded to FAFO and that this was an option in order to remove life long appointed judges that you don't like. You are fucking lying. Usually you keep shifting or drilling down to specifics that are not relevant trying to make your damn near identical situation somehow different, then claiming a win. So stop lying and stop employing terrorist mentality arguments.

Yes, I was absolutely against the police violently attacking innocent people, since I think the police should not violate people’s rights and the police should follow the law.

That is very different than your baseless accusation that I was advocating violence.

But you seem to be one of the people that thinks police should be above the law and certain people should not have the rights granted to them by the constitution.

Quote:
I showed it was not an empty police station just like you were shown that directly in the little green men thread from 2020.

No you didn’t. You linked to a story about a different incident than the one I was posting about with Steve.

Here is the clearly empty building you are claiming had people in it, can you point me to where in the video you see people:

https://www.cbsnews.com/...-on-fire-2020-08-09/

Also are you defending the actions of law enforcement in that thread? Really?

Quote:
You are fucking lying. Usually you keep shifting or drilling down to specifics that are not relevant trying to make your damn near identical situation somehow different, then claiming a win.

You do understand this all applies to you, not me? You said I was “violently anti-police” and to show it you bring up a post about judges. So you were both lying and shifting the topic. Exactly what you are accusing me of.

Quote:
So stop lying and stop employing terrorist mentality arguments.

Ok that is just fucking funny. You are the one here upset that I was against thugs using violence.

You are an emotional crybaby. Over the years you seem to continually take the side of illegal rioters. It should strike you that you seem to be the most extreme in all these arguments. Yes you take the side of violence in favor of anarchy.

Just to be clear, me saying police should follow the law and not violate the rights of people is in favor of violence and anarchy?

Of course not. But that wasn't simply your position. The issue is that you routinely take the side of violent rioters as the good side.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever protested anything? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Just to bring this conversation back to the point, do you feel that the behavior I described above would count as indoctrination of left wing ideology in university?

I think forcing someone to publicly profess anything is creepy and Orwellian. It reminds me of something that John McWhorter has said, anti-racism is functionally a religion for its advocates.

I agree, but it sure isn't conservatives pushing this stuff up here...

I think it's fair to say it's left wing indoctrination. It creates a bias amongst staff and educators are essentially given the choice of getting in line and say the thing they want you to say, or else. What you end up with are people who either believe the same or are too scared to speak up. Then you have a group with a very narrow ideology in charge of imparting knowledge to your students. It's interesting that this is the policy in my kids grade 1 class all the way up to the university course my wife is now in charge of teaching.

I mean if that's not indoctrination what the hell is it.

It is kind of stupid really. We acknowledge we are on the traditional lands of whatever "nation" all whilst knowing there isn't a snowballs chance of us giving up the land. The point seems to be so everybody can carry around an appropriate amount of guilt. People being perpetually guilty without any practical way of resolving that guilt is very damaging. Climate anxiety where kids cannot sleep at night because they are worrying abut the planet not good for their mental health.

My daughter graduation from a STEM discipline four years ago half the graduating class was Asian. This was one of better Canadian Universities. I wonder what they were thinking when some lady (white as driven snow) who was six years into university doing some social sciences degree still not having done anything practical in her lift blathered on with the native land acknowledgement etc.

Your wife being in healthcare all the while knowing there isn't even a healthcare system anymore. I think native people want healthcare maybe would should fix that.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: spockman: May 5, 24 20:05
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever protested anything? [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
....blathered on with the native land acknowledgement etc.

If you are trigged by that just wait until you hear about CRT, groomers, and Moms for Liberty.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever protested anything? [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Just to bring this conversation back to the point, do you feel that the behavior I described above would count as indoctrination of left wing ideology in university?

I think forcing someone to publicly profess anything is creepy and Orwellian. It reminds me of something that John McWhorter has said, anti-racism is functionally a religion for its advocates.

I agree, but it sure isn't conservatives pushing this stuff up here...

I think it's fair to say it's left wing indoctrination. It creates a bias amongst staff and educators are essentially given the choice of getting in line and say the thing they want you to say, or else. What you end up with are people who either believe the same or are too scared to speak up. Then you have a group with a very narrow ideology in charge of imparting knowledge to your students. It's interesting that this is the policy in my kids grade 1 class all the way up to the university course my wife is now in charge of teaching.

I mean if that's not indoctrination what the hell is it.

It is kind of stupid really. We acknowledge we are on the traditional lands of whatever "nation" all whilst knowing there isn't a snowballs chance of us giving up the land. The point seems to be so everybody can carry around an appropriate amount of guilt. People being perpetually guilty without any practical way of resolving that guilt is very damaging. Climate anxiety where kids cannot sleep at night because they are worrying abut the planet not good for their mental health.

My daughter graduation from a STEM discipline four years ago half the graduating class was Asian. This was one of better Canadian Universities. I wonder what they were thinking when some lady (white as driven snow) who was six years into university doing some social sciences degree still not having done anything practical in her lift blathered on with the native land acknowledgement etc.

Your wife being in healthcare all the while knowing there isn't even a healthcare system anymore. I think native people want healthcare maybe would should fix that.

I'm trying to think of some sort of analogy for it and the only thing I can come up with is being forced to say (or at least listen to) a prayer of some sort. Was there ever a similar sort of phenomenon during McCarthyism and the Red Scare?
Quote Reply

Prev Next