Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Does anyone know what difficulties Summer Rappaport is talking about on her social media.

She talks about the draining process to get to the start line and lack of support during the spring time.

I was wondering what really happened to her when reading this post: https://www.instagram.com/...IcmuQUd/?img_index=1

Was she sick or injured, or was there something else going on
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potter had obviously already qualified, GTB will/should qualify

No comment on me who gets that 3rd female slot, Rainsley came 20th, to put that into perspective l, she'll probably be better than 50% of the Olympic Paris field!
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
As for Duffy what do you mean 'despite that first (run) lap'? She just ran an evenly paced 4 laps; unlike others. The front pack all started together and she was 8th fastest and finished . . . #8. Btw, she was actually 9th fastest split as Periault was a second faster. I think after the time out and, I assume injury damage management, she has run very well, twice, but remember she was THE best on the run 3 years ago: you don't lose the potential. Seven weeks of work. Coming back for a swansong Olympics is a complete credit to her and shows her respect for the Games and her gold medal . . . . Is she a 'dark horse' for a medal? No: in fact none of Tokyo's W medallists are. Contrast that with Yee and Wilde tearing it up.

Well she said it herself, "...there was lots of positives to takeaway from today. Except for my first lap of the run." After looking at the splits, I'm actually quite surprised that it was a pretty even pace. I suppose she would have just wanted to stay in contact at least with GTB/Coldwell. But that's not taking anything away from where she was at and how she ran this weekend. I'm sure a few more weeks in the Lever Movement would bring her closer to a 33 minute 10k needed to repeat.

Yokohama and Cagliari was great for her not just in terms of overcoming the rust after not racing for 500+ days, but also with getting the Olympic points for the pontoon position in Paris. I remember Knibb didn't choose the right line during the test event which set her back by 30s from the front pack. If they're going to drill that swim and hammer the bike, the starting position of the top swimmers might be one of the small details that could influence the rest of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

As for Duffy what do you mean 'despite that first (run) lap'? She just ran an evenly paced 4 laps; unlike others. The front pack all started together and she was 8th fastest and finished . . . #8. Btw, she was actually 9th fastest split as Periault was a second faster. I think after the time out and, I assume injury damage management, she has run very well, twice, but remember she was THE best on the run 3 years ago: you don't lose the potential. Seven weeks of work. Coming back for a swansong Olympics is a complete credit to her and shows her respect for the Games and her gold medal . . . . Is she a 'dark horse' for a medal? No: in fact none of Tokyo's W medallists are. Contrast that with Yee and Wilde tearing it up.

Well she said it herself, "...there was lots of positives to takeaway from today. Except for my first lap of the run." After looking at the splits, I'm actually quite surprised that it was a pretty even pace. I suppose she would have just wanted to stay in contact at least with GTB/Coldwell. But that's not taking anything away from where she was at and how she ran this weekend. I'm sure a few more weeks in the Lever Movement would bring her closer to a 33 minute 10k needed to repeat.

Yokohama and Cagliari was great for her not just in terms of overcoming the rust after not racing for 500+ days, but also with getting the Olympic points for the pontoon position in Paris. I remember Knibb didn't choose the right line during the test event which set her back by 30s from the front pack. If they're going to drill that swim and hammer the bike, the starting position of the top swimmers might be one of the small details that could influence the rest of the race.

Olympic points don’t decide pontoon start positions (unless it has changed this Olympic cycle).

Federations draw positions and then all athletes for that federation start together irrespective of Olympic points. The starting position also takes into account the number of athletes per federation e.g GB-Tri draw number 7 all athletes for GB would go 7, 8 and 9. (Women’s race)

There is a different draw for each race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
Does anyone know what difficulties Summer Rappaport is talking about on her social media.

She talks about the draining process to get to the start line and lack of support during the spring time.

I was wondering what really happened to her when reading this post: https://www.instagram.com/...IcmuQUd/?img_index=1

Was she sick or injured, or was there something else going on

I have reason to believe that there is a possibility that she was requested to not make the start lines so that someone could be subbed in. Perhaps someone from ST could reach out and ask for the story?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Olympic points don’t decide pontoon start positions (unless it has changed this Olympic cycle).

Federations draw positions and then all athletes for that federation start together irrespective of Olympic points. The starting position also takes into account the number of athletes per federation e.g GB-Tri draw number 7 all athletes for GB would go 7, 8 and 9. (Women’s race)

There is a different draw for each race.

Olympic ranking points did decide pontoon positions in Tokyo and AFAIK it will be the same procedure for Paris. See this article: https://www.scoop.co.nz/...-positions-drawn.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks
and also to piers
i belive its more like 11 million as i seem to rember the para triathletes got 3.8 milion for the oly cycle
i have no idea if para tri is lottery funded as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying in general.

Does anyone know when USAT will make their official announcement for discretionary picks?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon got just short of £7,000,000 from UK Sport for the Paris Olympic cycle. Para-triathlon got nearly £4,000,000.

Article listing the awards for all sports here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/55367946

The money comes from both the lottery and Government funds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
thanks
and also to piers
i belive its more like 11 million as i seem to rember the para triathletes got 3.8 milion for the oly cycle
i have no idea if para tri is lottery funded as well.

para is lottery funded as well
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First committee meeting is on 5/30 so athletes might be informed as early as Friday 5/31. There’s a back up meeting next week but final decisions no later than June 5th.

stevej wrote:
Replying in general.

Does anyone know when USAT will make their official announcement for discretionary picks?
Last edited by: sfjab: May 28, 24 9:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just trying to find information of the dates for the federations to announce the nomineed athletes.
USA: June, they don't say anything else
France: June 5th
Spain: Before june 4th
Team GB: No info
If someone knows the deadline to tell World Triathlon and IOC the spots, can comment...

Slots already allocated
Women:
Taylor Knibb (USA)
Beth Potter (GBR)
Maria Tome (POR)
Melanie Santos (POR)
Rachel Klamer (NED)
Rosa Maria Tapia Vidal (MEX)
Lizeth Rueda Santos (MEX)
Nina Eim (GER)
Lisa Tertsch (GER)
Laura Lindemann (GER)

Men:
Morgan Pearson (USA)
Alex Yee (GBR)
Antonio Serrat Seoane (ESP)
Ricardo Batista (POR)
Vasco Vilaca (POR)
Aram Michell Penaflor Moysen (MEX)
Csongor Lehmann (HUN)
Tim Hellwig (GER)
Lasse Luhrs (GER)
Jonas Schomburg (GER)
Pierre Le Corre (FRA)
Charles Paquet (CAN)
Manoel Messias (BRA)
Matthew Hauser (AUS)
Luke Willian (AUS)

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Just trying to find information of the dates for the federations to announce the nomineed athletes.
If someone knows the deadline to tell World Triathlon and IOC the spots, can comment...

Slots already allocated
Women:
Taylor Knibb (USA)
Beth Potter (GBR)
Maria Tome (POR)
Melanie Santos (POR)
Rachel Klamer (NED)
Nina Eim (GER)
Lisa Tertsch (GER)
Laura Lindemann (GER)

Men:
Morgan Pearson (USA)
Alex Yee (GBR)
Ricardo Batista (POR)
Vasco Vilaca (POR)
Csongor Lehmann (HUN)
Tim Hellwig (GER)
Lasse Luhrs (GER)
Jonas Schomburg (GER)
Pierre Le Corre (FRA)
Charles Paquet (CAN)
Manoel Messias (BRA)
Matthew Hauser (AUS)
Luke Willian (AUS)

GB Team will be announced on 10th June
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think the deadline is 7th june, it has been posted a few days ago.
and no not a single spot is allocated yet, its not itu that allocates slots to athlete they just allocate how many slots countries get.
feds recommend athletes to the national olympic committee which then nominates the athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:

Slots already allocated
Women:
Taylor Knibb (USA)
Beth Potter (GBR)
Maria Tome (POR)
Melanie Santos (POR)
Rachel Klamer (NED)
Nina Eim (GER)
Lisa Tertsch (GER)
Laura Lindemann (GER)

Men:
Morgan Pearson (USA)
Alex Yee (GBR)
Ricardo Batista (POR)
Vasco Vilaca (POR)
Csongor Lehmann (HUN)
Tim Hellwig (GER)
Lasse Luhrs (GER)
Jonas Schomburg (GER)
Pierre Le Corre (FRA)
Charles Paquet (CAN)
Manoel Messias (BRA)
Matthew Hauser (AUS)
Luke Willian (AUS)

You can add Cassandre Beaugrand for France.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
and no not a single spot is allocated yet, its not itu that allocates slots to athlete they just allocate how many slots countries get.
feds recommend athletes to the national olympic committee which then nominates the athletes

That is a critical distinction đŸ˜‚ I’m sure National Olympic Committees all over the world will turn national federation recommendations upside down

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ashtanga_yogi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ashtanga_yogi wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Slots already allocated
Women:
Taylor Knibb (USA)
Beth Potter (GBR)
Maria Tome (POR)
Melanie Santos (POR)
Rachel Klamer (NED)
Nina Eim (GER)
Lisa Tertsch (GER)
Laura Lindemann (GER)

Men:
Morgan Pearson (USA)
Alex Yee (GBR)
Ricardo Batista (POR)
Vasco Vilaca (POR)
Csongor Lehmann (HUN)
Tim Hellwig (GER)
Lasse Luhrs (GER)
Jonas Schomburg (GER)
Pierre Le Corre (FRA)
Charles Paquet (CAN)
Manoel Messias (BRA)
Matthew Hauser (AUS)
Luke Willian (AUS)

I thought GB were meeting immediately after the race next weekend and making an announcement 6th June
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
ashtanga_yogi wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Slots already allocated
Women:
Taylor Knibb (USA)
Beth Potter (GBR)
Maria Tome (POR)
Melanie Santos (POR)
Rachel Klamer (NED)
Nina Eim (GER)
Lisa Tertsch (GER)
Laura Lindemann (GER)

Men:
Morgan Pearson (USA)
Alex Yee (GBR)
Ricardo Batista (POR)
Vasco Vilaca (POR)
Csongor Lehmann (HUN)
Tim Hellwig (GER)
Lasse Luhrs (GER)
Jonas Schomburg (GER)
Pierre Le Corre (FRA)
Charles Paquet (CAN)
Manoel Messias (BRA)
Matthew Hauser (AUS)
Luke Willian (AUS)

I thought GB were meeting immediately after the race next weekend and making an announcement 6th June

The selection meeting is on 4th June so it may well be that the athletes concerned are told by the 6th. However the official announcement will be on the 10th to allow time for any appeals to be heard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
i think the deadline is 7th june, it has been posted a few days ago.
Yes, there's potential for confusion in terms.
World Tri allocates the places iaw published protocol and nations need to 'accept' those (and see below).
National nominations will be decided by 'selection' based on nation's published selection policies: federations nominate athletes to those allocations (so not necessarily the athletes who 'earned' them eg by being ranked top 30).
Those names go to respective NOCs who approve (and assign the allocated slots to the athletes) and enter.
https://www.triathlon.org/..._after_wtcs_cagliari

3 June 2024: World Triathlon to inform NOCs/NFs of their allocated quota places
TBD: The Tripartite Commission to confirm in writing the allocation of Universality Places to NOCs
17 June 2024: NOCs to confirm use of allocated quota places to World Triathlon
22 June 2024: World Triathlon to reallocate all unused quota places
8 July 2024: Paris 2024 Sport Entries deadline
The Men’s Slots By Country
3 slots
• ESP, FRA, GER
2 slots
• AUS, AUT, BEL, BRA, CAN, CHI, GBR, HUN, ITA, JPN, MEX, NED, NOR, NZL, POR, RSA, SUI, USA
1 slot
• AZE, BAR, DEN, HKG, ISR, MAR, ROU
The Women’s Slots By Country
3 slots
• FRA, GBR, GER, ITA, USA
2 slots
• AUS,AUT, BEL, BRA, ESP, MEX, NED, NOR, NZL, POR, SUI
1 slot
• ARG, BER, CAN, CHN, COL, CZE, DEN, ECU, GUM, HUN, JPN, KAZ, LUX, POL, RSA, SWE

Note, the above slots are provisional and are pending the final allocation of one New Flag and both universality places as well as the final acceptance from each relevant country. National Olympic Committees are also responsible for assigning the slots to their athletes.
The Relay Slots
The following countries will be entitled to start a relay having either earned a relay berth or qualified at least two men and two women:
• AUS, AUT, BEL, BRA, ESP, FRA, GBR, GER, ITA, MEX, NED, NOR, NZL, POR, SUI, USA
Quote Reply

Prev Next