Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Giant Trinity TT Disc
Quote | Reply
Couldn’t see it mentioned anywhere yet, but a new Trinity used at the Tour de Romandie today.

A recognisable silhouette, but with clear changes throughout beyond the change to discs. I’ve always been under the assumption that the Trinity frequently tested fast, so likely no major revolution required.
Last edited by: DhobiWanKenobi: Apr 26, 24 9:33
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [DhobiWanKenobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ronan's thoughts over at EC: https://escapecollective.com/...-tt-bike-and-helmet/
Peak Torque's thoughts on YT:

Last edited by: Lagoon: Apr 26, 24 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the photos of those, and ones I have of my rim brake bike, one thing that seems "the same" that I've never understood is the angle of approach of the basebar to me on a Trinity always appears "nose down" versus perfectly level to earth.

I've measured this so on mine in so much that with angled "super extensions" with the adjustable spacer that shows the angle, you have to angle up more than it says to get an iphone or actual level to read the same value.

This photo:

Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the hell. That is clearly nose down. Makes me worry even more wrt descending technical courses

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
What the hell. That is clearly nose down. Makes me worry even more wrt descending technical courses
That bike is racked with the back wheel of the ground and the front wheel on the ground.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

That bike is racked with the back wheel of the ground and the front wheel on the ground.

Def. nose down, assuming the seatpost is vertical when the bike is lever (which it should be IIRC). The bar is level in the pics on the Giant site, so this may just be a setup issue/choice.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

Def. nose down, assuming the seatpost is vertical when the bike is lever (which it should be IIRC). The bar is level in the pics on the Giant site, so this may just be a setup issue/choice.

Another image with the back wheel of the ground?
Is this some sort slowtwitch blindness or inability to to understand if something isn’t horizontal one end is lower than the other?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

Is this some sort slowtwitch blindness or inability to to understand if something isn’t horizontal one end is lower than the other?

That's the point of the green rectangle. It illustrates the angle between the basebar and the seat tube (doesn't matter if the bike is tilted, since the angular tilt will be the same for both). Since we know that the seat tube should be perpendicular to the ground when the bike is level, this allows us to determine the angle of the basebar when the bike is level.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

That's the point of the green rectangle. It illustrates the angle between the basebar and the seat tube (doesn't matter if the bike is tilted, since the angular tilt will be the same for both). Since we know that the seat tube should be perpendicular to the ground when the bike is level, this allows us to determine the angle of the basebar when the bike is level.
Yet you can see clearly from the horizontal line at the bottom of the image that the front wheel is on the ground the rear wheel is not and the front wheel is much lower than that horizontal line and also nearer making your box totally pointless as this is not a side on image…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Since we know that the seat tube should be perpendicular to the ground when the bike is level, this allows us to determine the angle of the basebar when the bike is level.

Do we, though? The top tube on this frame appears to be upward sloping, much like the TCR, based on other photos I've seen of Plapp on course with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [DhobiWanKenobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New TT lid interesting with that little valley in the centre.
As for the bike looks complicated to fit perhaps but I’ll reserve judgement till details come out. As for general looks it’s ok I guess no real wow factor but fairly simple? Integration be interesting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old rim version: level, nosed down. Nothing to adjust, can see it in the brake and the pad width mount.

I measured it on level ground with a level.

I do realize it in the photos there is a rear wheel stand. My bike photo was on level ground leaning on my car. In my shed leaning on the wall no bike stand I have to adjust the extension tilt like 2 deg more than I want to get it actually to measure the same.

Just first look here I thought “dang not again” but guess it is level.
Last edited by: burnthesheep: Apr 27, 24 5:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

Why should the seat tube be perpendicular to the ground? I’ve actually never seen one that’s perpendicular (as in 90 degrees) to the ground. On a tri/TT bike it’s usually closer to 78 degrees.
Last edited by: TomvdS: Apr 27, 24 6:18
Quote Reply
Re: New Giant Trinity TT Disc [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomvdS wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
m@tty wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

Why should the seat tube be perpendicular to the ground? I’ve actually never seen one that’s perpendicular (as in 90 degrees) to the ground. On a tri/TT bike it’s usually closer to 78 degrees.

The Trinity is designed with a vertical seatpost (see below). The effective seat tube angle is less because the seatpost is set behind the bb.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Learned something today! Thank you
Quote Reply