Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar
Quote | Reply
Like the subject line states I am looking for clip on aerobars for a flat base bar. It’s a Scott Foil from a few years back and even with quite a bit of Internet searching I cannot seem to find anything.

It’s for a super short Sprint race where I will have only my road bike with me hence the need for TT or TT DL style shorties or extensions that would fit a flat road bar.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I wish! I’ve hit an older Specialized aerofly bar on my Venge and I’d love a similar setup without replacing them.
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your only option is to find some Syncros Tri extensions for the foil bar

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They clearly exist as there are several top wts riders who have this setup with flat base bar and shorty extensions but I have looked and not been able to find much as well. Maybe their bike sponsors make custom setups for them?
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [tridadsask] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any aero shaped bar requires a specific clamp
The Syncros one I showed above was made for them by Profile Design but hasn't been produced for several years so any athletes that had them (shorty bars no longer allowed for WTS) got them from old stock.
Canyon also had one made for the old Speedmax, but that was limited and is out of production.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some stem mounted options that might work for you. https://www.exxpozed.com/...g/#!?variant=1992810
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
Any suggestions would be very helpful.

An expensive route to go (which is what I did, as I couldn't find anything else) - is to swap out the current flat aero bar with a Vision 4D MAS one, which has dedicated mounts for their TFE Pro TT Bars

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know specialized and Control Tech make stem mounted aerobars. the specialized ones are designed to work with the venge stems. Control tech option: https://www.controltechbikes.com/products/item/417.html

Otherwise - Enve makes flat-top aero road handlebars and clip-ons specifically made for them. Someone else mentioned gettng the Vision Tech handlebars that extensions bolt to.

The vision metron one piece/bar stem has a clip on specific for that one as well (thinking about this for my bike actually). I also noticed Factor doing the same with their onepiece bar/stem that has aero extensions that bolt directly to it.

Good luck!
Last edited by: DrewPCC: Mar 21, 23 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giant is one of the few brands who have these on offer.

But anyway there’s a special place in hell for people who advise others to get an aero road bike as their first bike for tri. (Not saying this was the case for you!)

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Mar 21, 23 12:21
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Giant is one of the few brands who have these on offer.

But anyway there’s a special place in hell for people who advise others to get an aero road bike as their first bike for tri. (Not saying this was the case for you!)

and what bike would you recommend? It seems more newer bikes are going aero in general... at least that is the gist I get from all the facebook/google ads pumped to me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either a tri bike, or a road bike with rounded handlebars :)

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would push for aero or rounded bars road bike over the tri bike for a beginner. The person would stay engaged by being able to participate in other types of riding

back on this topic Syncros Tri extensions look interesting, but damn pricey. I have a trek madone... whatever I invest into better fit. hmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on Aerobars for FLAT road bike handlebar [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a Madone the only option would be to get the stem that takes the Speed Concept bar https://www.trekbikes.com/...-speed-disc/p/28014/

But I don't know if that has carried over to the new model Madone.

There is no such thing as a generic aerobar clamp for wing shaped road bars. You cannot go off brand - if your bike brand or bar maker does not make something specific for it then you are out of luck.
Quote Reply