Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Intercostal Muscle Strain
Quote | Reply
Can’t find much in the archives or online in general. Can anyone who has experienced this chime in with how they dealt with it? How long did it take to recover? And did you have to take a bunch of time off training completely?

I took 5 days completely off and have started back into SBR. It hurts a lot less than it did originally, but is definitely still painful. Trying to make sure I’m not inhibiting recovery by ramping back into training.

(For what it’s worth, the injury is from over doing it in the gym. It did not come from swimming.)
Quote Reply
Re: Intercostal Muscle Strain [mowilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had this a few times. I find that any "jarring" activities such as running may aggravate it, and take longer to recover. Personally, I have found bike and swim to be fine. But ease off gym, and gradually reintroduce as pain has subsided. Running on soft ground initially, and gradually increase time. I have had pain from 1 week to 3 weeks. Depending on the severity. Hope that helps, but everyone is very much different.
Quote Reply
Re: Intercostal Muscle Strain [TakeYourTime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TakeYourTime wrote:
I have had this a few times. I find that any "jarring" activities such as running may aggravate it, and take longer to recover. Personally, I have found bike and swim to be fine. But ease off gym, and gradually reintroduce as pain has subsided. Running on soft ground initially, and gradually increase time. I have had pain from 1 week to 3 weeks. Depending on the severity. Hope that helps, but everyone is very much different.

I couldn’t breathe, cough, sneeze, move without severe pain. And around the time it started to feel better (a couple weeks), I reinjured not even exercising. All in, It was probably 6+ week recovery for me.
Quote Reply