Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:
She's playing 4D chess my friend. She wants to start a civil war among the various denominations and this is the perfect way to start one.

Ok, but not sure how to respond. Last time l agreed with one of your posts, you got pretty bent.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:

She's playing 4D chess my friend. She wants to start a civil war among the various denominations and this is the perfect way to start one.

She couldn’t name a denomination if you pointed a gun at her head.

“So Lauren which denomination are you?”

“Yeah I love those spotted dogs”

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 29, 22 9:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your name change is funny. So long as I don't think about the direction of the Republican Party.
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, not sure about that. I would say she has been adulterated numerous times.
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
Clara Roberts wrote:
We clearly need to spend some time talking about the VOLUNTARY oath of office our public servants take whereby they promise to support the Constitution and laws of our country.

By accepting the honor of serving our nation they have obligated themselves to respect the separation of church and state. I would hope that anyone considering accepting a position that requires an oath would take the time to think about whether they are capable of honoring the commitments of the position.

It is an honor to serve. Not everyone is capable of it.

I assume she never read the first amendment or any of that attachments to that amendment over time.... to amplify the stupidity which church is she referring to Buddhist/ Anglican (Church of England)????

I agree. I see this as a case of pandering to one of her core constituents. But that said, there's nothing to prevent a person in the gov't from believing in and even making decisions on his/her religious faith. We can't consider a person "incapable of performing his/her duties in gov't" because he/she believes in a religion you don't, or he/she believes in religion at all. What that person CAN'T do is attempt to align legislation specifically WITH his/her religion OR promote his/her religion as the only right religion. So yeah, Boebert can rail all she wants about God, church, etc. It doesn't matter what label used to define the religion; if it gets attached to explicit policy, it's toast.
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:
j p o wrote:

Is 55 too old to be adopted?

Maybe you and your wife can marry a Canadian. Would that work?

Do they allow throuples?

I'm thinking Vancouver Island, maybe I could just sneak over in a boat. I mean, my friend could sneak over.

I would take your friend in, however, I already have 2 kids a wife and a dog who don't listen to me so...........
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:

She couldn’t name a denomination if you pointed a gun at her head.”

people say she schtupped a well known senator to get denomination
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m single and live in Vancouver, though currently on Vancouver Island. I’d be wiling to thruple for the right compensation. Please send through your audited financials for my consideration!

Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
I assume she never read the first amendment or any of that attachments to that amendment over time....

it's worse. she's never read the bible.

it's not just that the founder's didn't want a state religion. protestants don't want one either. or didn't. if you go to some protestant churches, one of the things you were likely to hear is the early church disappeared when the roman emperor constantine adopted christianity as the state religion. that early church spirit was reborn when martin luther tacked his 95 theses to the wittenberg door. according to some christians, the kingdom you want is the one to come. if you build your kingdom here, then you have your reward, and you forfeit your standing in the next world.

that's a pretty coherent theme both in the old testament and the new. i doubt boebert has cracked the spine on her bible yet.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
s5100e wrote:
I assume she never read the first amendment or any of that attachments to that amendment over time....

it's not just that the founder's didn't want a state religion. protestants don't want one either. or didn't. if you go to some protestant churches, one of the things you were likely to hear is the early church disappeared when the roman emperor constantine adopted christianity as the state religion. that early church spirit was reborn when martin luther tacked his 95 theses to the wittenberg door. according to some christians, the kingdom you want is the one to come. if you build your kingdom here, then you have your reward, and you forfeit your standing in the next world.

that's a pretty coherent theme both in the old testament and the new. i doubt boebert has cracked the spine on her bible yet.

On brand:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: The church is supposed to direct the government [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Slowman wrote:
s5100e wrote:

On brand:

Whatever it is, it's probably in two Corinthians.

So were those two guys trying to get a "gotcha" moment with Trump or dupes who think Trump knows something about the Bible or Christianity?
Quote Reply

Prev Next