Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolute shocker of a coverage once again.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 Miles into the run: West, Lopes and Hanson going in the lead. West and Hanson running the fastest right now. Everyone else is a good 30 seconds slower per mile.

Findley and Hering coming in together off the bike. Holly about 50 seconds back. A little under 1 mile into the run and everything holding about the same so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hanson and West are flying. Both just above a 5 minute mile. Will be interesting to see what drop off we see from these two. 4 guys within 2 minutes of West. Lopes, Van Berg and Laundry all running fast so could catch if either of them blow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hearing dropped Findley and no recent splits show on screen. I don't take Paula do be a sit back and attack late kinda racer from previous races. Time will tell though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women through 3 miles. Hering pulling away from Findlay with a 40 second lead now. Holly about 1.5 minutes back from Hering but running about the same speed as Findlay (about 1 minute gap between Findlay and Holly).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what happened to Kanute? He was leading the bike when I went for a run, but now I see he’s fallen well off the pace.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like Kanute always punches above on the bike and then falls off in the run. I’ve come to expect it when watching him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Women through 3 miles. Hering pulling away from Findlay with a 40 second lead now. Holly about 1.5 minutes back from Hering but running about the same speed as Findlay (about 1 minute gap between Findlay and Holly).
Looks like those top three WPRO are settled in position and the two gaps are slowly stretching out.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Sub 17 Project] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub 17 Project wrote:
I'll be rooting for TO as well after his widow maker.

Glad to see TO race and finish in style. 6th overall, 2nd bike split with a 2:00 flat, ultimately beaten by 5 guys all of whom are quality athletes and ahead of players like Lagerstrom and Kanute!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: May 22, 22 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jewett running faster than the whole field (?1:16) but way back after, for her, a poor swim and poor ride.
In contrast, men's race won by the fastest runner.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She actually flatted, on the tracker at one split she was 7 min back and the next she was 24 min back. She ended up running just under 1:15 which probably would have put her in the hunt for a podium spot without the flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [schurchm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice how little RVB extends his knee on the bike? Extremely forward as well. Very unusual position, seems to work for him but curious why he does it that way.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Anyone notice how little RVB extends his knee on the bike? Extremely forward as well. Very unusual position, seems to work for him but curious why he does it that way.

RvB produces more power in that position and goes into the run with less tightness

what a race. Jason West is a true all arounder right now/this year - truly impressive SBR times

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimbikejon wrote:
I feel like Kanute always punches above on the bike and then falls off in the run. I’ve come to expect it when watching him.

Not sure what it is, but his run doesn’t seemed to have progressed like most of the top 70.3 guys. Wonder how much time he’s giving up by running in Hokas

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to wonder if a few of these guys need to drop the shoe sponsors, really wonder what Hanson would do in Nike or ASICS.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [schurchm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schurchm wrote:
She actually flatted, on the tracker at one split she was 7 min back and the next she was 24 min back. She ended up running just under 1:15 which probably would have put her in the hunt for a podium spot without the flat.
Yes; what a pity: good chance of running down Lawrence for 3rd (though I guess splitting the bike section into two halves will have allowed her to open those legs. She only lost one more minute to the Hering and Findlay after flat sorted (17 minutes?!). 1:14:54! She'd give Haug a serious run for her money.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Andre Lopes? I think he was trying to hold on to a podium spot well into the run, but it looks like he ended up a DNF. I missed part of the broadcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
What happened to Andre Lopes? I think he was trying to hold on to a podium spot well into the run, but it looks like he ended up a DNF. I missed part of the broadcast.
Passed out in the last mile. Heat exhaustion according to his insta. Unfortunate, was having a killer race.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 - Pro Race [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Changpao wrote:
Passed out in the last mile. Heat exhaustion according to his insta. Unfortunate, was having a killer race.

Oh my goodness! I hope he’s okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
realbdeal wrote:
Changpao wrote:

Oh my goodness! I hope he’s okay.

I talked to him post race as he was checking his bike out of transition. I asked how it went and he told me he had collapsed and blacked out with a mile to go, due to pushing for the podium in the heat. From talking to him and his appearance you would have never guessed anything had happened. I guess medical gave him a huge boost to come out of that so quickly. I feel bad for him as this is the second time he's had something similar in less than one year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next