Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, Frodo mentioned that in his short video asking for a new "challenge". Something along the lines of, all the big races are lumped to close together to make any real push toward them all.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:39:59 kona 2017, before adidas had a "super shoe"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calling out someone for an Ironman in less than 3 weeks, on a different continent to where the person is living (especially with the difficulty in travel during the pandemic) is purely performative and should be treated as such.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
2:39:59 kona 2017, before adidas had a "super shoe"

Seems you maybe right. NB Hanzo? Anyone can verify?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Lacticturkey wrote:
Sam Long confirmed on youtube this morning that he will be racing CDA

is he going to go into a childish downspiral tantrum when he doesnt win?

i like the dude a lot (who he presents himself as, at least), and LOVED seeing the st. george race (one of my fav finishes ive ever watched live) but Sam really needs to get it through his head that hes very young, has a really good future ahead of him in this sport, and hes gonna have races where hes far off the podium.

In my opinion this decision pissed away any chance he had at Kona. So he's upset that he got beat at Tulsa. No more, no less. Signs up for CDA out of emotion and wants to go head to head with Sanders again. This will be his Kona 2021.

He scrapped Boulder 70.3 and is still doing the Collins Cup and a few more races. I think he's over cooking himself and was already overtrained going into Tulsa.

He's fun to watch, but is young and brash. He could learn a lot from calmer guys like Lange that don't get sucked into what others are doing. It's like watching Sanders 2.0.

I don't think he even had a chance at Kona even before Tulsa.

I watched the youtube video this morning. He pretty much says that it wasn't the prep or the training into Tulsa but it was the poor tactics and lack of execution that lead to the result. I don't see how his poor tactics would be solely responsible for 16th and a 2:56 run split.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [Gearup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gearup wrote:
then you are truly rude.

In your opinion which you are totally entitled too.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure who else caught it but Jan posted a story in Instagram, essentially a poll asking his followers if he should accept Lionel's challenge or leave him hanging.

90% have responded 'Accept'. How serious will Jan take this challenge?

If Jan accepts, does Lionel send a Mercedes to the airport to shuttle Jan to his hotel or does he send Erin over with the mini-van?
Last edited by: WHITEJM74: Jun 13, 21 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Not sure who else caught it but Jan posted a story in Instagram, essentially a poll asking his followers if he should accept Lionel's challenge or leave him hanging.

If Jan accepts, does Lionel send a Mercedes to the airport to shuttle Jan to his hotel or does he send Erin over with the mini-van?

Erin in the mini-van:)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the chances that we all fell for it, and this was both of their plans all along...?

What if Frodo has been training towards CDA, and this was Lionel/Talbot/Frodo's way of getting people even more excited? A continued push from the top to bring pro triathlon more excitement for the fans.

The timing is probably pretty good for doing an Ironman into Kona - tons of time to recover, and then get ready to do a few shorter races throughout July/August (eg. Collin's Cup), before the full focus on Kona.
Last edited by: kerikstri: Jun 13, 21 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called this a month ago when Lionel was out of Tulsa. It fits perfectly for Frodeno - Frankfurt and Roth were traditionally right around this time anyways. I'm pretty sure he's coming, and I can't wait!

Now, will Ironman have coverage...lol

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In pre-race emails last week IM announced this will be a full live broadcast.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [QCMattyD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent news - it's going to be fun to see in person too!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure! Note: I don't think Frodo is coming for this race, but that would have been excellent marketing if it would have all been a grand conspiracy.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [QCMattyD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan is NOT racing CDA. He just posted on IG. He does want to race Lionel 1v1 in the near future.

https://www.instagram.com/...utm_medium=copy_link
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [Charles_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree here, it's not CDA, but he's up for beating I mean racing Lionel. I guess this is just early hype building for Kona ; )
Interesting this is happening though, Frodo wouldn't do this off a whim I don't think, there's a plan in progress here...
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TommyBTri wrote:
I agree here, it's not CDA, but he's up for beating I mean racing Lionel. I guess this is just early hype building for Kona ; )
Interesting this is happening though, Frodo wouldn't do this off a whim I don't think, there's a plan in progress here...

Much-needed Collins Cup hype?
Last edited by: iankbbl: Jun 13, 21 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [iankbbl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a shout
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [Charles_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charles_D wrote:
Jan is NOT racing CDA. He just posted on IG. He does want to race Lionel 1v1 in the near future.

https://www.instagram.com/...utm_medium=copy_link

Yep. Guessing kona.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Erin in the mini-van:)

I think Lionel Fedex's his hour record Canyon to the airport with a note on the package telling Frodo to ride it at 51.304 kph to the Chateau Frodo tent set up in T1!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I`m Loving all of that!!!

So LS replied to Jan this morning at Instagram saying he will go to Germany or Anywhere in Europe - as LS said choose your battlefield.

Important to mention that Jan never offered to pay for LS travel/accommodation.

Guess when you have kids you can't afford to do stuff like that! haha
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:

So LS replied to Jan this morning at Instagram saying he will go to Germany or Anywhere in Europe - as LS said choose your battlefield.

hopefully Roth!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cue Lionel posting about this over and over again like my kids asking "Are we there yet?" every 10 seconds.

I love Lionel's story, his youtube channel, his honesty, determination and guts but he is definitely fanboying too much here. He won't stand a chance at the start line vs. Jan who already occupies an incredible amount of real estate in Lionel's mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
FaKaspar wrote:

hopefully Roth!

Doubtful. Roth is about a month before Kona.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders calls out Frodo to do IM CDA [mkq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan's next message on insta:

janfrodeno
Verified
Let’s get ready to rumble.

Now let’s scout the perfect place and time. I assume full distance is good for you @lsanderstri.

#frodissimo

Getting spicy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
Jan's next message on insta:

janfrodeno
Verified
Let’s get ready to rumble.

Now let’s scout the perfect place and time. I assume full distance is good for you @lsanderstri.

#frodissimo

Getting spicy

Sanders replied:

"ll take whatever I can get! I’ve done 5 dedicated Ironman blocks now so my votes in for the full distance. I’ll need some recovery after IM CDA but July 18th weekend looking good to me."
Quote Reply

Prev Next