Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The photo of Ganna is indeed from worlds. He just had that helmet finished and painted for it. You could also see him drinking from the round bottle on the downtube at the start.

Actually it isn't. I found his spacers leaning into the wind very interesting, like they are trying to lengthen the shape.

Photo credit Velonews

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 27, 20 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been beating this drum for a while.....too bad I'm so short or else I could possibly have better separation from my bar.

trail wrote:
But his position is plenty "low."

It's just the "new way" to set the bars low then use pad stack for fit. It's just way easier. The masters TT fashion of "nose to headtube" is over.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
The photo of Ganna is indeed from worlds. He just had that helmet finished and painted for it. You could also see him drinking from the round bottle on the downtube at the start.

Actually it isn't. I found his spacers leaning into the wind very interesting, like they are trying to lengthen the shape.

Photo credit Velonews

I would guess that most of the reason for the forward lean is to put the pads farther up on the forearm so when you measure the elevation gain between pad and tip you stay under 10cm. It gives you more raised hands within the rules.

The other minor advantage would be that it effectively make the cross section of the riser deeper.

He also had some odd tips on the bars that looked like he had better grip without having to form a lumpy fist.

The round water bottle was the only thing that looked out of place, but the down tube on that frame is designed the shield a round bottle, so he would have not been losing much if anything. Whether there is a better bottle option is the trick.
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I would guess that most of the reason for the forward lean is to put the pads farther up on the forearm so when you measure the elevation gain between pad and tip you stay under 10cm. It gives you more raised hands within the rules.

The other minor advantage would be that it effectively make the cross section of the riser deeper.

He also had some odd tips on the bars that looked like he had better grip without having to form a lumpy fist.

The round water bottle was the only thing that looked out of place, but the down tube on that frame is designed the shield a round bottle, so he would have not been losing much if anything. Whether there is a better bottle option is the trick.

I was also considering the pad to tip measurement. Pretty clever there. I'm sure you're right on that based on where his elbows are compared to the pads.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 27, 20 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looked like some good work/bodgery to hide the shifters in those ends, effectively both lowering the distance from pad to extension tip, and making it mimic his pursuit setup/hand position. Fancy 3d printing

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Well, you are kinda right but mostly wrong...That photo was from his 2019 worlds bronze... (copied below.)

This is the photo from 2020...

Specifically, note the completely different extensions...and different helmet ...and Ineos Grenadiers shoecovers...but has the identical bottle.
Last edited by: RKW: Sep 27, 20 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol I clearly am wrong! :) Oops. That is indeed a new setup and the new helmet that I misidentified.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Sep 27, 20 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Gear question: what's that gigantic hub Alex Dowsett is riding on his front wheel??

https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/...r-troika-troika-tmd/

He’s pretty much rocking Dan Bigham’s set up by the looks of it. It’s interesting that he’s rocked an unlabeled Shiv TT Disc at some of the UK champs and worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
captainolek wrote:
Gear question: what's that gigantic hub Alex Dowsett is riding on his front wheel??

https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/...r-troika-troika-tmd/

He’s pretty much rocking Dan Bigham’s set up by the looks of it. It’s interesting that he’s rocked an unlabeled Shiv TT Disc at some of the UK champs and worlds.

In that light...one of Dan's teammates put a minute into Dowsett at the UK 25TT Nationals today...44minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: (Spoiler) TT Worlds [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just think, those custom MOST bars could be yours for a cool $11,000. I think that costs more than my entire bike/wheel fleet and I am not one of the n-1 crowd by a long shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Just think, those custom MOST bars could be yours for a cool $11,000. I think that costs more than my entire bike/wheel fleet and I am not one of the n-1 crowd by a long shot.
Hah, me too, and I love gear :D

Something I found interesting was that all Ineos riders were all on "sponsor" bars. GT and Ganna both on the custom MOST bars makes sense (although Ganna not on the Aerocoach Vantaggio is at least a little eyebrow raising, as they work for road and track) but I haven't seen Dennis' Speedbars since he moved to Ineos. (And he didn't have the custom MOST bars either) - for someone who has thrown fits over kit like Dennis has in the past that seems really odd.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next