Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [The Sufferfest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
During the lockdown I have checked Zwift, Sufferfest and Rouvy and the Sufferfest was my favorite.

Great tool, I recommended it to some of my athletes, find 4DP a very sensible approach and intend to use it with people I coach during the phases when we focus heavily on VO2max. Looking forward to make Powertap P1S compatible, its a popular one here in Eastern Europe :))))

coaching via trinergy.pl
TP Training Plans
IG @kowalski.coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear God... I did the Kitchen sink today for the first time- was brutal!! Those VO2 max sets at the end of the 3 hours were absolutely savage. Which sadist came up with this workout?!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long time Sufferfest user. The bike workouts speak for themselves.

I’ve used the Yoga since the introduced it. It’s a daily practice for me. I also use the strength routines. They will definitely point out weakness especially in your symmetry. What’s worked great for me is to identify where the weak points are and use the Yoga routines to help fix the problems. It’s been great for my running which is better today than at any time in the last 5 years.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've recently read several articles about Sweet Spot training's benefits. What, if any, videos could be considered Sweet Spot training?

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shammad10 wrote:
Dear God... I did the Kitchen sink today for the first time- was brutal!! .... Which sadist came up with this workout?!
That would be our Wahoo Head of Sports Science, Coach Neal Henderson. It was created more as a 'fun' and 'challenging' compilation of every kind of effort in SUF, rather than a sensible workout. And we need to do some non-sensical things every once in awhile. Keeps us sensible. :)

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey David, I took a break from Sufferlandria and visited another world for a while but now I’m happy to say I’m back. And for a year.

Question. - I’ve just done a Half Monty. Is there a way to edit my 4DP profile in line with the new MAP and FTP it gave me? I have edited them in my settings but It doesn’t seem to have pulled through.

Thanks

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
Hey David, I took a break from Sufferlandria and visited another world for a while but now I’m happy to say I’m back. And for a year. Question. - I’ve just done a Half Monty. Is there a way to edit my 4DP profile in line with the new MAP and FTP it gave me? I have edited them in my settings but It doesn’t seem to have pulled through.

Welcome back to SUF! Really happy you trust us with your training. Half Monty should have automatically updated your settings. If it didn't, and if your own manual adjustment of your settings hasn't resulted in the workout targets changing, then something weird is going on. Could I trouble you to email theminions@thesufferfest.com? They'll sort it out for you right away.

David McQuillen
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [weakandpuny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
weakandpuny wrote:
I've recently read several articles about Sweet Spot training's benefits. What, if any, videos could be considered Sweet Spot training?

First up, I'll say that Sweet Spot certainly has its place in a well-designed training plan. But we're not fans of doing entire plans based on it. This article speaks to why triathletes need to focus on their entire power profile: https://thesufferfest.com/...-a-slower-triathlete

To see workouts that focus on improving your threshold, however, you can go into the app and filter by FTP focus (see image attached). We have a bunch of sessions -- across Sufferfest, GCN and NoVid workouts -- that you can use either as programmed or with some intensity adjustments to get you into that sweet spot zone. The SUF app ability to independently adjust NM/AC/MAP/FTP targets give you infinite possibilities in how you tweak workouts.

On a related note, if you follow our training plans, you'll see that our Sports Science team has several of the programmed workouts automatically adjust intensity down when they want you in that sweet spot or lower zone.

David McQuillen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sufferfest wrote:
BayDad wrote:
Hey David, I took a break from Sufferlandria and visited another world for a while but now I’m happy to say I’m back. And for a year. Question. - I’ve just done a Half Monty. Is there a way to edit my 4DP profile in line with the new MAP and FTP it gave me? I have edited them in my settings but It doesn’t seem to have pulled through.

Welcome back to SUF! Really happy you trust us with your training. Half Monty should have automatically updated your settings. If it didn't, and if your own manual adjustment of your settings hasn't resulted in the workout targets changing, then something weird is going on. Could I trouble you to email theminions@thesufferfest.com? They'll sort it out for you right away.
Awesome thanks have done so.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, David. At risk of sounding like a sycophant, I've been using SUF for several years now. At the beginning of Covid, I bought a smart trainer and tried out a couple of your competitors on free trials. At the end of the 30 days, I cancelled them and stayed with SUF. Keep up the good work.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [weakandpuny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re-tested 4DP this AM. Improvements across the board. Couple of observations:

1) I should have re-tested earlier. It's been 4 months and back then I was entirely new to my smart trainer and SUF training, point being I probably somewhat under tested a bit back then. I noticed that I was exceeding some target numbers big time in my workouts and that showed itself today in the gains I made.

2) The specific workouts translate into specific improvements. I probably do a 2/3 to 1/2 speed to endurance split in my workouts. In part because I kind of enjoy the big surges (with the recover after!) and don't get quite as excited at long 20-minute sets. And voila, guess which numbers increased massively while my 20-min FTP gains were modest?

3) Case in point, I shifted from being an "All-Rounder" to a "Pursuiter"

4) The indoor work translates to the outdoors. My climbing prowess has increased, my bursts have increased - I probably had (or am having) one of my better outdoor riding years ever. After declining the last few years, this is immensely satisfying, motivating and just makes me plain happy

5) Only thing I'd wish were more varieties in the workout videos. With TdF going on right now, it'd be fun to have some tour-like workouts, but I'll just wait till ToS next year

6) It's good that it's raining cats and dogs here today, because I am absolutely shellacked and probably only good for lying on the couch today ...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's chat Sufferfest... [The Kraut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Kraut wrote:

5) Only thing I'd wish were more varieties in the workout videos. With TdF going on right now, it'd be fun to have some tour-like workouts, but I'll just wait till ToS next year

We've got some more SUF stuff coming in late October. And in the new year, we have some very, very new things dropping. Stay tuned!

David McQuillen
Quote Reply

Prev Next