Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not another critique my fit...
Quote | Reply
I had this fit done a few months ago, a couple of months out from my first 70.3. The fitter has a good reputation locally but there aren't many to choose from so I don't really know whether that means anything in the scheme if things.

My next 70.3 is a couple of months off and was wanting some feedback on whether my fit is in the ballpark.

Pics aren't great sorry. I have a new helmet now too, I got the Giro Vanquish.

Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where are you located?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
where are you located?

Queensland, Australia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct,
Those pictures are terrible.
However we can conclude that you are terrible on the aero side of things, so presumably the fit didn’t take this into account, at all!

You’re going to need to see someone who has an idea of bike fit in a aerodynamic context.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Not another critique my fit"

Yes, thank you for the nice photos of the Queensland Coast, much better than the usual moldy basement walls.

I think you have room to go lower in front. Forget the fitter for now, you could probably do better by reading the other critique my fit threads and get a sense of where you need to be.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you look just slightly better than the run of the mill bike shop fit or "kitchen table fit" as I call it.

Post a proper fit video taken from the side and let's readdress...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I couldn't set my trainer up on the Captain Cook Highway so it is back to dirty garage shots.

Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
You are correct,
However we can conclude that you are terrible on the aero side of things, so presumably the fit didn’t take this into account, at all!

You’re going to need to see someone who has an idea of bike fit in a aerodynamic context.

This reply really is useless to many of us watching the feedback unless you actually provide some constructive information about why you think this fit is not great from an aerodynamic context? What stands out as being so bad you mention this? Not being sarcastic, just keen to learn what jumps out at you etc.

To the OP-can you post any stats on your race where these photos were taken? Power and time etc?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm for some more extension and rotating your bars up or higher hands somehow... Apart from that IMO looks descent.
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amnesia wrote:
TriByran wrote:
You are correct,

This reply really is useless to many of us watching the feedback unless you actually provide some constructive information about why you think this fit is not great from an aerodynamic context? What stands out as being so bad you mention this? Not being sarcastic, just keen to learn what jumps out at you etc.

To the OP-can you post any stats on your race where these photos were taken? Power and time etc?

Unfortunately I don't have a power meter. My time was 3:18:06. Slow, but my training had been quite conservative leading up to it. All of my training had been zone 2 because I was trying to manage a niggling injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I'm for some more extension and rotating your bars up or higher hands somehow... Apart from that IMO looks descent.
My thoughts too, though I don't think it needs more reach. Just a little tilt on the front end which helps brace you backwards through the elbows rather than the hands.
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn’t the position pretty ok if the pads were actually under the elbow? It seems very uncomfortable to have the pads that far down the lower arm.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks okay to me. i've seen way worse. you could take another step at forward and lower and see if that helps. but, it's not really necessary, and i don't know that you have the capacity to go lower on that bike. if this end up as your position, i (as a bike fitter) would be reasonably happy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

I was going to try some longer extension bars because my hands kind of overhang the current bars and, as another poster pointed out, my elbows don't sit on the pads. Perhaps if I try some ski bend extensions I might be able to achieve more extension plus higher hands?
Quote Reply
Re: Not another critique my fit... [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Isn’t the position pretty ok if the pads were actually under the elbow? It seems very uncomfortable to have the pads that far down the lower arm.

I find it reasonably comfortable. I initially started riding like this because I had a crash on a wet road and made a mess of my elbow which stopped me from putting elbows on the pads. All healed now but I have gotten used to the position. I'll need some longer extensions to get my elbows on the pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would give it a go. I personally find it more comfortable and relaxed your neck/shoulder area. You can always go back... Your position is pretty good so I would play around small adjustments to find what is the most comfortable for you.
Quote Reply