Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I miss my dog!
Quote | Reply
She's been gone about three years now.

I was stupid, I looked back at the pictures on my phone and there she was. I have a lot of great memories because of her.

Love ya Bailey.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I miss my dog! [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel you. We are on our 3rd dog since getting married. Every dog has been a gift to my family. This is our baby now;

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss your dog too.

The only solution is for both of us to get another dog. It won't replace the old one, only start making new memories and experiences with the new one.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I miss my dog! [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I feel you. We are on our 3rd dog since getting married. Every dog has been a gift to my family. This is our baby now;

S/he is beautiful. I wanna smooch her. :)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I miss my dog! [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I miss your dog too.

The only solution is for both of us to get another dog. It won't replace the old one, only start making new memories and experiences with the new one.

I have 'collected' 5 more since she has died. I currently have 6.

No dog will ever equate to my Bailey. She was the best dog I have ever, or will ever have.

I love all my dogs. They each have a special spot in my heart, but my Bailey, she was special.

:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bailey is such a good dog name.

When my parents were both ill and my 27yo horse died I decided we needed a puppy because if I lost my horse, parents and beloved 11yo dog Naarah close together it was going to be bad.

It’s been two years and Naarah is still here but now I’m talking about a puppy to fill in when she’s gone so the puppy we got to fill in will not be lonely. My husband seems to think I’m pulling a bait and switch - but I think it’s the just logical turn of events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of our dogs died about 10 years ago. She was a perfect dog. Never did anything wrong, smart as can be, would have killed or died for us, loving, did what we asked as much as any Great Pyrenees will.

But every dog is different and great in their own way. Sure you will miss them, but the only choice is to never have known them.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
I miss your dog too.

I have 'collected' 5 more since she has died. I currently have 6.

No dog will ever equate to my Bailey. She was the best dog I have ever, or will ever have.

I love all my dogs. They each have a special spot in my heart, but my Bailey, she was special.

:)
My wife is going to be a wreck when her Chloe goes. We have had her over 10 years now, and while she is a small/medium dog, I know it won't be another 10. Losing pets really sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Know the feeling all too well. We had to put Jack down a week before this past Christmas. We had him for 14-15 years.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I were driving along the North Shore of Lake Superior today. We stopped at a lot of scenic overlooks. At one such place there was an older gentleman with his old labrador retriever. They were both hobbling, but I think the lab was having a tougher time.

The guy would try to coax it along with pets and kind words, but the lab would just stop and wag his tail. It was heart breaking to see two beings that obviously on the decline. I feel sorry for whichever one is the second one to go as they will be heartbroken when they lose the other one.

It is funny. I really wasn't a dog person until we got our two mutts about three years ago. I've since realized what fantastic, loving, and intelligent creatures they are. I've been gone from home for about 2 1/2 weeks. I miss my dogs more than I miss my kids. Of course I can talk to the kids on the phone, but can't talk with the dogs. My wife sent me several videos of them playing before she joined me up here.
Quote Reply