Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No insurance on new Ironman events?
Quote | Reply
I signed up for IM St George yesterday and noticed there was no place to add the insurance. As an old guy, I know my chance of injury is a real possibility. I heard the other two races that opened up (Texas and Santa Rosa) also did not have the insurance on the registration.
Does anyone know the story? Is it an error or did they stop offering it. (I know it was a third party insurer)

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: No insurance on new Ironman events? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
I signed up for IM St George yesterday and noticed there was no place to add the insurance. As an old guy, I know my chance of injury is a real possibility. I heard the other two races that opened up (Texas and Santa Rosa) also did not have the insurance on the registration.
Does anyone know the story? Is it an error or did they stop offering it. (I know it was a third party insurer)

I registered for Texas yesterday and there was no option for insurance, and I pay attention to that shit because I've had four surgeries in the last five years and I've had more DNS and insurance claims for race fees than I'd care to admit.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy I know of broke his leg at St. George a few weeks ago--when another competitor rode into him and splashed down. He is like mid-50's, so yeah, anyone hitting the ground even younger folks, have a high possibility in this sport of getting hurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman cut their ties with Allianz at the end of February this year. They now appear to be partnered with a company called Stonebridge Benefit Services.
I am inquiring with Stonebridge about how to buy the insurance.
Last edited by: IntenseOne: May 15, 19 15:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the contact info for the new registration insurance company, Stonebridge/Transamerica-
866-774-2385 or email us at
EventRegistration@Transamerica.com. We will be happy to send the form via e-mail.

Anyone who wants registration insurance, and was unable to get it at time of registration should contact Stonebridge immediately!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incidentally, did you sign up under the club affiliation invitation?

I thought those were to come out on Thursday, but I haven't seen it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: No insurance on new Ironman events? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up AWA. Yes, the club sign ups were suppose to be Thursday, but I never got mine either.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: No insurance on new Ironman events? [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called the number for Stonebridge/Transamerica. The representative said they have not done this insurance for two years.
Quote Reply
Re: No insurance on new Ironman events? [Try2Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is a long delay on the reply! I found out the same thing shortly after posting. Someone told me they got race coverage from https://www.travelguard.com/, but I have not tried it. Good luck.
Quote Reply