Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dumb Question: How do you inflate to desired pressure w/ valve extenders? [rrkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe another dumb question... Why don't they just make tubes with 120/150mm valves? Whats the advantage of using valve extenders?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb Question: How do you inflate to desired pressure w/ valve extenders? [urbanlumberjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't they just make tubes with 120/150mm valves?

Not many people would buy them.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb Question: How do you inflate to desired pressure w/ valve extenders? [rrkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another trick I use which requires no teflon tape is I use an allen wrench on my Zipp extender to tighten by hand, (can't remember size but it is small to tighten the extender).
Then I use the allen to take off before the race. (more aero without) Got a spare in bag.

CyclingSessions

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb Question: How do you inflate to desired pressure w/ valve extenders? [urbanlumberjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please don't feel bad or be too hard on yourself, as inflating tires with valve extenders can be a bit tricky at first. Please don't feel bad or be too hard on yourself, as inflating tires with valve extenders can be a bit tricky at first. Remember that inflating tires can take some practice, so don't get discouraged if it takes a few tries to get it right. With a bit of practice and patience, you'll be able to inflate your tires with valve extenders like a pro!
https://www.bikethesites.com/...nflate-presta-valve/
Last edited by: Tohmden: Mar 26, 23 11:01
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb Question: How do you inflate to desired pressure w/ valve extenders? [Tohmden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully in the intervening 12years the OP has gotten it all sorted out…
Quote Reply

Prev Next