Do you have 2 tri bikes?

Nope. Just 1. And 4 road bikes.

1. 2014 Shiv
  2. 2013 Giant TCR Advanced
  3. 2012 Colnago C59
  4. 2004 Litespeed Ultimate
  5. 2010 Planet X

I’ll be dumping the Planet X - just not riding it.

Speed Concept 2.5 as my training bike
Speed Concept 7.0 as my race bike/garage queen.

Yes one for trainer setup and one for outside/racing. Same identical setup

Yes. One on the Comptrainer where year round riding occurs and the newer one for racing/outdoor training in nice weather. Both are the same brand/type.

I have 3

2013 P2 for racing
2004 P2K for Sale (hehehe)
1994? QR Special Edition, for looking at.

No probably never will unless I win the lotto.

Nope, but I do still have a couple of old frames.

Tri
Scott Plasma CR1 (06)
QR 650 Al/Carbon, very low miles. I never ride it. (04)

Road
Litespeed Tuscany (07?)
Felt F55 Al/carbon (05)

The Scott was my wife’s that she used for one HIM and hung in my garage for 7yrs. When my Kalibur died I made it mine, nice bike at a great price :slight_smile:

Yep,
1995 cannondale r500 650c in plum… And corrosion…
2013 speed concept…
Looking to get the cannondale roadworthy again… Did me first IM’s on it…
Doing the current ones on the Trek…
Can’t get rid of the old one, too many great memories…training in Ibiza in me20’s … Good times I think…

2008 Felt S32 for weekday workouts. I leave it my office parking garage 24x7. I ride after work and return it to the garage afterward.

2010 Felt DA for weekend long rides and races. This one stays locked up in my basement :slight_smile:

I love by P5-six for racing. And I enjoy putting the miles on it in training. However, I’d never consider buying a second Tri bike. In all honesty, tri bikes take away some of the joys of cycling for me. The 1000M climbs that begin 5 minutes from my door step, the view whilst comfortably perched on my hoods, and the social aspect of riding with the guys.

When I bought the P5, I thought it would be my favourite bike. And when I stop at a cafe popular with cyclists, it draws a crowd and my ego is stroked a little. But most days, I have to motivate myself to put in the miles and work needed to build a strong aero position and crank out the power like a machine, leaving my road bike to dream of the hills it is not riding.

Leading up to big races, however, I do often leave my P5 at home…no back-up if I do something stupid or unfortunate leading up to a race. And then I realize…tri-style training on the flats, even with a nice road bike (Scott Foil Team Issue), is not nearly as fun as my P5.

N+1 still holds true I suppose! :slight_smile:

Two tri-bikes and one road bike - newest to oldest is BMC TM01, Giant Advanced Trinity SL-1, and Trek Madone 6.9. The BMC replaced a QR CD0.1. I train and race on all my bikes.

I wish! I finally pulled the trigger on my first tri bike, a 2007 Guru Aero Ti Dura Ace with race wheels. Ran my last two years in triathlon on a trek 1.1 with stock wheels. After my first HIM last year I think I’m here to stay for a bit, I would love to get another tri bike but better upgrade my road bike first. I don’t have all the nice bikes that are in this thread, but slowly building up a group!

1 Road (Trek Madone)
1 Tri (Cervelo P3)
1 Mountain (Giant)

I definitely don’t have a need for two tri-bikes.

Yes, but train on both. One more for rain and the other for sun/race.

Bike 1: Look 596
Bike 2: Cervelo P3-SL
also just took apart a 3rd tri bike - Softride Powerwing

Having more than one is nice to try different setups or other things, but can be an expense.

2 tri bikes, P4 for racing, aluminum P3 on the trainer
2 road bikes, S5 and R3
All bought used for about the cost of a new P5 Di2

+1 on buying used, all my bikes are used. My last bike that I bought off the show room floor was in 2002 and was a Cervelo P2K. As you know, so much more bang for buck getting used.

With a lot of tri people wanting the latest new bike, and an industry supplying new models every year (just about), it leaves a lot of great ‘new to me’ bikes at a fraction of the cost.

P2SL locked into the trainer full time
Felt B16

So,what’s best to do?

Race bike on turbo trek sc9.5 and train on trek sc2.5
Or turn that round?

Yes

One fast one and one I thought would be faster.