Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finding power drop-outs - Assiomas and Garmin 965
Quote | Reply
I have my assiomas paired with a forerunner 965. I seem to be experiencing drop-outs in power pretty regularly. I notice them during the ride when the power of my watch reads "--" which I assume is a drop-out versus reading "0" which would be me not pedaling. I've uploaded the file into Golden Cheetah but I can't see any abnormal drops in power but I think I do see these drops in cadence. Is here a way to better check this? I have very very limited knowledge of Golden Cheetah so I might be viewing the data in a way that doesn't show these drops. The cadence drops are pretty regular at every 3 minutes and I know I'm pretty much constantly pedaling unless I'm spinning out or turning at on a downhill.

2nd question. Do you think this is a problem with the assiomas or the watch? I don't have another power meter or watch/head unit to check this. Maybe using my phone somehow?
Quote Reply
Re: Finding power drop-outs - Assiomas and Garmin 965 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Finding power drop-outs - Assiomas and Garmin 965 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know if this will help but may be worth a try

Is it paired via Bluetooth or ANT+?

If BT, I would flip to ANT but either way maybe it will make a difference
Quote Reply
Re: Finding power drop-outs - Assiomas and Garmin 965 [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't think about his analyzer. I'll check it out. I did figure out how to export to a csv so I can throw in into excel and mess around a bit there. Still haven't really figured out the best way to really confirm drop-outs. I see a zero in cadence and usually a zero in power but sometimes that might be because I stopped pedaling to grab a drink or some other random reason. I can try to match my zero's to the terrain but that gets a bit tedious.
Quote Reply
Re: Finding power drop-outs - Assiomas and Garmin 965 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good idea! I'll give that a try and see how it works.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering how to switch from one to the other: My watch had 2 different "pwr sensors" set up for my assiomas. One was the connection via BLE and the other was through Ant+. I figured out which was which by selecting the "About" menu option once went into each sensor option. I deleted the BLE power option though there might be a way to just prioritize one connection over the other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
That's a good idea! I'll give that a try and see how it works.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering how to switch from one to the other: My watch had 2 different "pwr sensors" set up for my assiomas. One was the connection via BLE and the other was through Ant+. I figured out which was which by selecting the "About" menu option once went into each sensor option. I deleted the BLE power option though there might be a way to just prioritize one connection over the other.

You could pair both then disable the BLE to prevent it from trying to pair again. Some devices (like the 130) try to pair over and over so better to pair then disable them.
Last edited by: marcag: May 20, 24 7:07
Quote Reply