Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hip Labral Tear Recovery w/o surgery. Any success stories?
Quote | Reply
Dear all, I was recently diagnosed with a hip labral tear. Has anyone here had a hip labral tear which recovered using solely physiotherapy, and you could resume your usual high mileage/high impact exercise then?

My sports doctor wants me to try physiotherapy. I been trawling the web and have been reading rather discouraging news. I really do need some positive encouragement that I may recover with physiotherapy.

I love sports and before this injury I was so active ( as many of you are). This is very hard.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Hip Labral Tear Recovery w/o surgery. Any success stories? [runyogadance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just responded to another thread, but try asking this question also on hiprunner.com. I hope you get some good feedback. I am having my left hip replaced the end of January once the November rebuild of my shoulder is fully healed. Two hips, two shoulders in the last 4 years with some heart corrections and skin cancer thrown in…..the life of an old endurance athlete :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Hip Labral Tear Recovery w/o surgery. Any success stories? [runyogadance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had surgery on one hip and I have a tear on the other hip, but it doesn’t really bother me. Your dr is right by recommending physical therapy first. Focus on strengthening your glutes and core. Get the glutes firing. Give it 4-8 weeks see how it feels after that. Best of luck.

blog
Quote Reply