Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations
Quote | Reply
I’m looking to replace an outdated Garmin chest strap hrm. Curious to know your favorites and any feedback on bicep/forearm hrms. It will need to be Garmin/ Fenix 6xpro compatible, and both ant+/ble. If you’ve got something I may be interested in send me PM as well! Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations [MattRBrewer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar OH1
Put it on the bicep and forget its there.
A million times more comfortable than the chest straps (either garmin or wahoo) and actually more accurate in some scenarios where static electricity throws the chest strap out of whack.
Also used it on the goggles for swimming a few times to get a feel of my HR and it works fine (you need to merge the HR file with the workout file in TP); wrist HR is totally non-functional for swimming for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar H10 is the reference, it's an ECG based chest strap. Optical sensors like the OH1 will generally be more susceptible to bad data, but the bicep is a better location than the wrist. Optical, with a tight fit, may be better than ECG in the water, but that's highly variable and neither are going to be super consistent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zero complaints with the arm band offerings from Scosche. Optical, reliable, ANT+ & BLE and two levels of battery life.

Rhythm 24hr, nicer strap too. Same charger as the other model
https://www.scosche.com/...d-heart-rate-monitor

Rhythm +
https://www.scosche.com/...product/view/id/9140
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Zero complaints with the arm band offerings from Scosche. Optical, reliable, ANT+ & BLE and two levels of battery life.

Rhythm 24hr, nicer strap too. Same charger as the other model
https://www.scosche.com/...d-heart-rate-monitor

Rhythm +
https://www.scosche.com/...product/view/id/9140

Second this suggestion. I just picked up the Rhythm 2.0 and am very happy with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattRBrewer wrote:
I’m looking to replace an outdated Garmin chest strap hrm. Curious to know your favorites and any feedback on bicep/forearm hrms. It will need to be Garmin/ Fenix 6xpro compatible, and both ant+/ble. If you’ve got something I may be interested in send me PM as well! Thanks in advance

Make sure you get an ECG-based HRM, since the optical ones won't let you measure HRV properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattRBrewer wrote:

If you want to measure heart rate then I don't see why the Garmin doesn't do the job?

My only advice is DO NOT buy a Wahoo Tikr (the new one). I received 2 faulty Tikr's that died after a week (though Wiggle are great and without any messing around they refunded me immediately)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a TICKR X and Scosche Rhythm+ 2.0. I have had the Rhythm+, Rhythm 24, TICKR FIT, and a couple Garmin chest straps.

My everyday go-to is the Rhythm+ 2.0. I only use a chest strap on my trainer.

My sole don’t but is the Rhythm 24. That is a PoS.

The Rhythm+ is great, but it’s only weakness is short battery life.

The TICKR FIT is very good also, but not quite as comfortable as the Scosche HRMs.

I don’t like chest straps, because they cut into my chest. The bicep optical HRMs are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the OH1 (disclaimer: optical HRMs work well for me, even the watch-based ones, YMMV). Actually place it under my tri/bike shorts against my lower quad (not a fan of the bicep straps).

When I first got an optical HRM, I did a test vs. my old Polar chest strap (treadmill running with the optical showing on my watch and the chest strap on the treadmill screen). They were consistently within 1bpm of each other.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a garmin HRM-Pro, after replacing 3 HRM-Tri straps. The HRM-Pro has been working fine for 6 months. Its Ant+/BLE, has on-device storage for swim-HR, and offline activity tracking---if you care about that kind of thing. The HRM-Pro is a bit pricey...but, I got mine as a replacement for the defective HRM-Tri(s).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have gone through many garmin straps, and finally have found the Polar H10 to be completely bug free. The Garmin ones would work until you replaced the stock battery. After that, mine would burn up batteries every few weeks. The Polar one I used now is fantastic and you don't need special tools to replace the battery. It simply just works.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply