Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trail/Ultra Running Forum - Seed Invitations [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said from the initial post, we are trying to create a community in a different niche - trail and ultra running.

I don't view it as walking into a bar and asking people to go to another bar....but, if that's the perception, I'm more than happy to delete the thread and offer my apologies.

I view it as walking into a bike shop and asking for running shoes...this is an area dedicated to the sport of triathlon..if a bunch of ultra runners came in here and took over the "tri" thread with ultra topics, I suspect the message would be - go somewhere else, this is a place for triathlon.

Recognizing that niches are, well, niches, we created one dedicated to trail and ultra running. I suspect if triathletes start flooding that group with tri talk we would suggest that they head to the slowtwtich forum to discuss those topics.

With that in mind, there are triathletes that enjoy both niches..triathlon and trail/ultra running. So, if they want to talk triathlon - they should absolutely do that in slowtwitch..if they want to dive deep into the world of trail/ultra running then I hope they find this new group as a place where conversations of that sort live.

Again though...happy to take it down if this is inappropriate.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Trail/Ultra Running Forum - Seed Invitations [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Not wanting to jump in, but this thread has been up since Feb, so I just thought if Slowman hasn't taken it down then he might not mind. Also, I'm really happy to have found a place where others are interested in say Karel Sabbe's FKT attempts or Trail/Ultra events happening around the world. Just saying :-)

Agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Trail/Ultra Running Forum - Seed Invitations [ultrasu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im just getting into Ultras and would love to be in the forum if its still open
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to join. Experienced guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interested!
Quote Reply
Re: Trail/Ultra Running Forum - Seed Invitations [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to be a good trailrunner or just a trailrunner? If you need people to talk about how to run slow on trails, I am interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Trail/Ultra Running Forum - Seed Invitations [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ultrasu wrote:
We are in the early phases of seeding a Trail/Ultra running forum that will sit under the ultrasignup.com umbrella. We are asking a few people to get in there for a month or so to help seed conversations before we open it up more broadly to the public.

If anyone is interested in joining just let me know and I can send you an invite. Keep in mind, this is still early and a lot like a high school dance right now - everyone standing around looking at each other wondering who is going to make a fool of themselves first...

Upside of getting in early is that you get choice of any username you'd like - the small perks.

Have to say, we have used slowtwitch as our inspiration...I have enjoyed my years on this forum and we hope that we can cultivate a new niche audience under this trail forum

Are you suggestig a sub forum on ST? I believe slowman does not want sub forums by category.

If you are suggesting a forum elsewhere on the internet, that seems weird to come into a bar, and tell people that you are opening a bar down the street and they should go there.

Not wanting to jump in, but this thread has been up since Feb, so I just thought if Slowman hasn't taken it down then he might not mind. Also, I'm really happy to have found a place where others are interested in say Karel Sabbe's FKT attempts or Trail/Ultra events happening around the world. Just saying :-)

Considering Slowtwitch has been around as long as it has and ultra or trail running threads still don't gather much interest, the new site is going to have minimal impact on traffic here.

Yes, there is the occasional thread with someone asking about their first 50km or 50 mile or similar, but the limited responses garnered are usually from people not too much more experience than the OP.

ST won't lose posters because people find a trail running forum, but it may lose posters when triathletes find trail running, ultras or other sports. The forum traffic is only a reflection of people's participation in the sport, it's not the tail that wags the dog.

They'll always be a few triathletes who dabble in trail running/ultras, but those who regularly compete in both sports are a rare breed, and just like they'd happily switch from racing 70.3 one weekend to a 50 miler the next, they'll readily follow both forums as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next