Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Recovery from horrendous crashes [Brokeneck dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,
Sorry to hear that news. I remember so clearly when I got that news , it was so hard.. They first told me 12 weeks in the neck and back brace. I would mark every day off on my calendar and couldn't wait till the next dr. appt to hopefully get good news. Then the CT scan,and the results , and another 6-8 weeks turned into 12 more. So, three months became 6. I was so upset, I could not imagine being in them a minute longer. Then you realize you are lucky to be alive, and walking.....and eventually you put it in perspective. The reality is , it could be so much worse. This is just a bump in the road, and before you know it , it will be over. You will get past this, and you will recover . Just try and stay positive, I think that helps the recovery process. Lucky for you , there is slowtwitch. I didnt know about it when I was recovering, or maybe it didnt exist. I think it's helpful to hear other peoples stories. Hang in there and keep me posted on your progress, it will go faster than you think!

It could always be worse.....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Gemmat445 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Gemmat445: Dec 12, 19 15:11
Re: Recovery from horrendous crashes [Gemmat445] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umm.... you know that was posted over 10 years ago. With that said, I do hope that Dave has already fully recovered in that past decade.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery from horrendous crashes [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Recovery from horrendous crashes [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stories of hope relevant today as 10 years ago. Thanx for alerting to the error.
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery from horendous crashes [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to narrowly avoid bad crashes and have had a few where it is just some scrapes. I now ride with front and rear dash cams (Cycliq) that make me slower as they are heavy, but I fear these bad crashes greatly. The drivers in my area don't care about cyclists and there are few cycling lanes. Even in dedicated cycling lanes, drivers sometimes drift into it or take turns without looking to see the brightest lights possible that are on my bike.

I did have what could have been a bad crash in Indonesia on a motorbike. I was going maybe 50mph or so and in Bali, sometimes people cut into your lane to pass someone and it looks like they are headed straight towards you for a collision and you have to play chicken with them. Well, I didn't move and was in the right lane and this other motorbike hit me head on and I slid out amongst all the other hundreds of bikes whizzing by me and only came out with some scrapes to the bone on my ankle and a few chunks out of my flesh on my feet. I was wearing sandals.

It should have been much worse, but I seem to be good at crashing. Every day before I get on the bike I make peace with God and fear the worst. I'm so thankful getting home safe. When it is warmer at night, I sometimes ride really late at night or early in the morning as there are far less cars and my night lights are highly visible. I feel safer at night many times with the cars off the road.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Dec 12, 19 16:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next