Trump Flags Michigan

Oh man my oldest daughter graduated from Central, and goes up there and flint and surroundings, I should ask if she has noticed a oh wait that wont work she has only been doing it for 2 yrs, the prior 2 yrs were down in Florida at FSU… so she wont have much to compare to.

Maybe they don’t have the $ to buy more flags after spending it all on shoes & NFT/trading cards.

Wow so the only thing to change is Biden dropped out. Interesting that it would move some Trump folks to remove flags…

don’t let them fool you. just because they don’t have a flag doesn’t mean they are not voting for the moron.

it’s starting to be embarrassing to support trump. when you vote, you’re in a booth by yourself.

1 Like

Saw the first one in my new neighborhood and not where I expected it. Lost a lot of respect for the guy who put it up. I new he was a registered Republican, didn’t think he as a Magat.

My wife and I are in North Georgia and southern NC and SC in the mountains. There are a lot of trump signs here, but you kind of expect them.

kind of off topic, but myself and most of my democratic leaning friends are leery of putting Harris stickers on our vehicles. Leave it at a remote trailhead and you might get a broken window or keyed paint. Trumpers can be nasty.

I grew up around Lexington. If my high school friend’s FB feeds are any indicator, it’s pretty Trumpy up there. On the west side, anything north of I96 gets Trumpy pretty fast.

I would agree signs have diminished a great deal this year, but they do seem to be ramping up recently.

Two years ago I drove from Port Huron to Traverse City and back the weekend before the election. I saw 100s or maybe 1000s of Tudor Dixon for Governor signs and I don’t think I saw a single Whitmer sign. Whitmer won easily. I have to laugh when MAGA uses sign quantity to judge who is winning,

On a hay bail not far from my house. I am not the best speller but MAGA farmer makes me look like that 13 year old Indian kid that wins the spelling bee every year.

That might be one of the Trumpist parts of America.

I’m seeing an uptick in both Trump and Harris-Walz stuff here in rural Nevada. With Trump stuff both starting at a far higher rate, and also increasing at a higher rate. Which doesn’t bother me that much - as noted in this thread, I don’t think enthusiasm for signage makes a great surrogate for a proper poll, much less the actual vote.

Interestingly the Harris-Walz signs are just that - prominently advertising the ticket. The Trump signs make zero mention of JD. You get the distinct impression that both Trump and The Base consider the Constitutional requirement for a VP to be something of an annoyance.

I do have one neighbor with the Trump-styled Wu Tang sign. Which makes them my people.

wu-tang-forever-political-yard-sign_400x333

1 Like

You’d think the company that makes the signs/banners would have some sort of in-house spell check system.

FWIW, I was in the Philly exurbs a lot this summer. There were relatively few Trump signs, a fair number of Casey signs. Probably around equal lefty- (‘love lives here,’ etc) and rw- (usually pro-police) signs. the biggest signs were all trump. was a little early for harris/walz signs.

Now you gotta put a WuTang is for the Children sign up!

Yesterday was glorious here in northern IL, so I took the motorcycle out for a ride - ended up taking the easternmost main road (runs N/S close to the Lake Michigan shoreline) and up into SE WI. Rode thru most of eastern Kenosha County, including downtown K-town proper, then a bit west and back south toward home thru some fairly rural-ish areas. I was pleasantly surprised to see a total of 1 Trump sign. I’m sure there are more than a few closeted true believers out there, but the lack of signage/flags was noticeable in that area.

Well, I would have agreed that in my generally red area just outside of a very blue urban space the signage is less than in the past. However, two neighbors just put up signs for Trump. One clearly had a Trump/Pence sign as the Pence was taped over. The other went all in and put up the Trump flag too. Neither neighbor had any signage up in 2020 to note…

So, they must have been swayed by Trumps felony convictions as the key point that made them think, he’s our guy! Or maybe it was the sexual assault conviction for millions of dollars…. Or maybe it was the insurrection itself that made them change their mind. WHo knows.

My neighbors and I feel the same way about putting out Harris/Walz yard signs and we live in the SF Bay Area.