Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread

Does anyone have a solution for storage of a spare kit?
I keep taking my chances by racing without one because I can’t figure out where to put one. Not a whole lot of room in the bento with a di2 box, gels, multi tool and lever. Also using canyons BTS bracket and PD BTA aeria hydration.

Check out the rear storage box I’ve designed for the CF. https://custombikexcessories.com/products-1?olsPage=products%2Fcanyon-speedmax-cf-slx-cny-spd-cf-slx1

Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax CF 7.0 last week and started taking it apart and rebuilding it over the weekend. I was inspired by Tririg’s modifications / review and am going a very similar route. https://www.tririg.com/...eedmax_CF_SLX_Review (scroll down for the CF).

Last year I bought a new Alpha X front end and put it on my old TT bike so I decided to set it up on my Speedmax. I’ve also replaced the brakes with Omega X brakes and the crank by my older Rotor 3D with Power2Max powermeter. By replacing the entire front end I had a lot of work dealing with internal cable routing which turned out to be quite easy on the Speedmax. I also got the Torhans Bento X but it doesn’t fit as well as the Tririg pics would suggest (I noticed afterwards their pics show a bike without shifters and shifting cables). I’ll need to drill an extra hole in it and find a way to make the cables fit through the cable opening. I’ll look very sweet when complete.

Still need to cut the fork as well, and my old Flo’s turned out to not be 11sp compatible so I’ll order a new freehub. Was planning to sell the Mavic wheels but will keep them for training in the winter.Here’s my Speedmax CF. I’ll worry about the mismatch in wheel decals later, as well as cutting the extensions and fork. I’ve currently got it set up similar to my old bike and will ride it for a bit before seeing Jim at Ero Sports in November for a TT fit.

IMG_2466 copy.jpg
fullsizeoutput_9ff.jpg

Anyone changed their CF to Etap? Wondering where people have placed the blip box. Looking into purchasing one and installing Etap and the aeria stem and hydration unit.

My di2 box is in the bento box. takes a bit of space. wish it could be integrated but oh well

She looks slick!

Anyone changed their CF to Etap? Wondering where people have placed the blip box. Looking into purchasing one and installing Etap and the aeria stem and hydration unit.

Hopefully doing this over the weekend…provided my LBS gets the parts in tomorrow. Was thinking of mounting on top of the stem.

If I get it looking good will throw some pictures up after.

Yeah looks sick - how tall are you bro?

Yeah looks sick - how tall are you bro?6’ 1" - like an average belgian

I did put the blipbox into the bento. I have an Alpha One, so I have the small Bento. Looks great, from my point of view.

My XS 2019 women’s CF 8.0 is on its way and I’m already researching how to personalize it – at least in terms of hydration. I love the look/function of the Aeria system, but I wonder if it will be too tall for the XS frame. Has anyone on an XS frame managed to get it to fit? I’d need the 70mm stem.

Received my bike, yesterday, yay! Discovered damage on the non-drive side…boo. We believe it’s from the front wheel rubbing while in the shipping box. Cosmetic, but it’s still a bummer. My 9 year old road bike doesn’t even have scrapes like that, not even after a paceline crash. We’ve already swapped the crank to one with smaller arms, so it would be a massive hassle to return — and no guarantee that a replacement wouldn’t also have similar issues. Is it common to have scuffs and scratches on a mail-order bike?

IMG_6320sm.jpg

Received my bike, yesterday, yay! Discovered damage on the non-drive side…boo. We believe it’s from the front wheel rubbing while in the shipping box. Cosmetic, but it’s still a bummer. My 9 year old road bike doesn’t even have scrapes like that, not even after a paceline crash. We’ve already swapped the crank to one with smaller arms, so it would be a massive hassle to return — and no guarantee that a replacement wouldn’t also have similar issues. Is it common to have scuffs and scratches on a mail-order bike?You should contact Canyon. I have bought 3 bikes from them and received all 3 in perfect condition. They’ll offer you a replacement or maybe a discount.

Swapping the crank does not make it a ‘massive hassle’ to return. Just put the old one back on; takes less than 5 minutes…

Looking at changing my front end to Sync Ergonomics extensions but don’t think the current extension clamps will allow for this given the angled spacers and different arm cups. Does anyone know if it possible to purchase the stock extension clamps from the SLX model from Canyon?

Received my bike, yesterday, yay! Discovered damage on the non-drive side…boo. We believe it’s from the front wheel rubbing while in the shipping box. Cosmetic, but it’s still a bummer. My 9 year old road bike doesn’t even have scrapes like that, not even after a paceline crash. We’ve already swapped the crank to one with smaller arms, so it would be a massive hassle to return — and no guarantee that a replacement wouldn’t also have similar issues. Is it common to have scuffs and scratches on a mail-order bike?You should contact Canyon. I have bought 3 bikes from them and received all 3 in perfect condition. They’ll offer you a replacement or maybe a discount.

Swapping the crank does not make it a ‘massive hassle’ to return. Just put the old one back on; takes less than 5 minutes…

Ha, it did turn out to be a semi-hassle, since the company’s big cyber attack totally FUBAR’d their customer service email and phone. So I think I ended up sitting on that bike for about 10 days before I was able to talk to anyone. Since they only offered $200 for the damage, I decided to return it and order a 2nd bike, in hopes that it might be damage-free.

It just arrived yesterday, 1day shy of 5 weeks after I ordered the first bike. And it looks great – phew! The box had damage (including a hole where a little skewer-end cover was poking through) like a slacker Ace Ventura had handled it, but the bike inside was free of any visible defects.

I just got my Speedmax Cf 8.0 and was wondering what you all do for tube storage since there isn’t the integrated compartment? I have the rear bottle holders so not much room for a bag below the saddle…

Speedmax owners what crank based power meters are you are you running? I am happy with my Quark but now, with a Speedmax on the horizon, I wish I had bought the GXP and not the BB30. I am a Speedplay fan hence the crank based request. I have been advised on here before to avoid Shimano based pm’s due to the inaccuracies with the non symmetrical crank. I already use DC Rainmaker for reviews but I am just interested to see what is working well for folks, specifically 24mm. Thanks!

Speedmax owners what crank based power meters are you are you running? I am happy with my Quark but now, with a Speedmax on the horizon, I wish I had bought the GXP and not the BB30. I am a Speedplay fan hence the crank based request. I have been advised on here before to avoid Shimano based pm’s due to the inaccuracies with the non symmetrical crank. I already use DC Rainmaker for reviews but I am just interested to see what is working well for folks, specifically 24mm. Thanks!Power2Max

I was very impressed with my Power2Max pm a couple of years ago. Which cranks did you choose?

I was very impressed with my Power2Max pm a couple of years ago. Which cranks did you choose?It’s still my old crank from 6-7 years ago that was on my previous TT bike. Rotor 3D with praxis chainrings, with the Classic P2M. The set has worked flawlessly over the years so while the bike is gone, i’m still using the crank and powermeter.

Thanks for the input. It’s great to hear that your P2M is still going strong. I only hear good things about them.