New Trek Speed Concept

What was the quoted price and group set for them.

thanksgiving always a good time to order a new bike ;).

What was the quoted price and group set for them.

Only framesets. 3600 EUR (but likely already some discount factored in, definitely below MSRP, which I don’t have any idea of).

Hmmm… Sounds like someone might have a good idea of when it’s coming. What’s around that time? IMAZ?

Any idea of what the front cockpit will look like?

I was hit by a car in July and my speed concept 9 was destroyed so I am in the market for a new bike. The new speed concept is definitely in the running I’m just not a fan of the double risers up from the base bar.

Trying to hold off until the new bike is released but with the lead time to order and hopefully have something for next summer I’m anxious to get the ball rolling

It has its own trek designed hydration bottle for sure

Someone has got to be around holly Lawrence as she preps and takes it out for test rides. I’m hoping someone will spit it and post it.

even if you get the order in on day 1. almost zero chance of getting by next summer. unless you order the lowest end version.

Well, you’d hope we hear about the new bike in the next 24 hours or so ? It’s the SLR version we’re all waiting to see…

It is coming out soon??

It is coming out soon??

I have it on good authority it is very soon and very awesome…

We might very well see 1 male and 1 female pro use it at St. George 70.3 WC tomorrow! YEEEEE

even if you get the order in on day 1. almost zero chance of getting by next summer. unless you order the lowest end version.

I’m waiting to see if there is a lower end version.
Quite a few recent releases from other manufacturers (Specialized, Factor, Cube, Scott to name a few) only come in 2 versions

• fooking expensive (£8k mark)
    or
  • very fooking expensive (£10-13k mark)

There will only be an SLR Tri bike or UCI TT version. So it doesn’t sound like there will be a “low-end” version this year.

It is coming out soon??

I have it on good authority it is very soon and very awesome…

The question is, is it the same bike with add-on’s for tri or two entirely different bikes……

two entirely different ones

Quite a few recent releases from other manufacturers (Specialized, Factor, Cube, Scott to name a few) only come in 2 versions

• fooking expensive (£8k mark)
    or
  • very fooking expensive (£10-13k mark)

Ha ha! This made me laugh. I think the gains on new bikes are so small, and they are so ridiculously expensive now it must be better to put the money into a coach/aero testing your current kit/optimising what you currently have etc. rather than splashing out on one of these. Its crazy money! They need to find a way to bring the prices down, or the benefits of buying one up. I just cannot justify it any way I look at it right now.

I can’t legitimately justify it either… but I’m going to get it anyway. 😂

Now, I’m thinking I might have to be slightly more responsible and wait until 2023, but that should be fine…

Which Cube is expensive? They have been a value player

And here they are!

Ben Kanute:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7_GZ4ha-2/

Holly Lawrence:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7_Fv3B7s4/

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 6.08.07 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 6.08.31 PM.jpg