New Trek Speed Concept

Here’s the best shot I’ve seen of the bike TriRig had posted. From the guys instagram page. Really clean setup but clearly very custom as well. Would love to know who did it. He had the Scoops Ultimate mounted to his bars in the jerry rigged way mentioned above before this custom setup.
https://i.imgur.com/jrmpsdt.png

Yup, I hadn’t noticed that but it appears I did. It’s probably kicking around my garage somewhere…

Is it just me or does that person have the extensions mounted shifted to the left? The right arm appears to be in the line of holes one over from the outside edge, while the left arm appears to be in the line of holes two over from the outside edge?

Huh. Good catch. You’re definitely correct. That seems not quite ideal…

Hi Mitch,

Was trying to place an order for a frameset (SLR), and the shop wasn’t able to find the option on Project One. Are we missing something or are framesets currently unavailable? Any timeline on when they may come back?

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Great informative group (hoping for advice)

Currently have a 2018 SC and love the bike, front end is completely different to original bike as use “praying mantis” style bars and angled cupped pads.

Had New SC on order since early Dec and been pushed back few times to hopefully middle/end June. The only issue I have with new bike is front end. Pads look very far apart and poles not round? Looking at pictures lot of pros seem to have different front ends more in style that suit me, are these purpose built systems for them or can you fit after market products and who do them. Currently use Aero Coach poles & pads.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Boxer,
Could you post pics of your 2018 front end. I’m trying to figure out what I want to do with mine and would love something to consider as a visual. It seems hard to find good pics up close.

Thx!

Firstly thanks for everyone helpful advice.

This is currently set up.

TREK FRONT.jpg

Hey guys,
I’ve been quietly observing this thread sponging everyone’s R&D and decided to join and share my build from the land down under.
Purchased as a Project One frameset, my LBS begged, borrowed and stole enough parts to build it. Mix of Force and Red AXS. I have raced twice and used a profile design BTA whilst I wait for the offering from Trek. Would love a 15deg wedge for front end but making do with the generic option and some 51speedshop cups.
In short, this bike is a weapon and rides so well!

153F12BC-7D00-4851-81C3-0D1C1F7D9495.jpeg

Nice !

Is that 7 or 14 degree rise ?

Only 7. There is nothing else available right? Unless I go the Drag2Zero option and do the lot.

That looks more like 14 deg. The tower toppers were designed with 7 deg tilt built into them. If you add the 7 degree angled spacer, that gives you 14 deg.

AeroCoach just dropped some new Speed Concept gear.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdaw8kLILqv/

Yes - got you. So I’m trying to achieve overall 21-22 degree angle.

Thanks Mike. I did stumble across this yesterday. I wonder if you could retrofit that wedge and retain existing tower topper? Although from what I can see, they have priced them at 237 pounds, making a whole Drag2Zero conversion seem good at close to 500 pounds

Hey Mitch@Trek - any update on the BTB system for Canada? My LBS says they still can’t order it. Thanks for your help.

Happy to send you a BTA mount to Canada for a standard bottle cage if ya want. See my previous posts in this thread for details

Pic didn’t load. You able to try again?

Sorry

Can you see pic now?

Hi Mitch,

Was trying to place an order for a frameset (SLR), and the shop wasn’t able to find the option on Project One. Are we missing something or are framesets currently unavailable? Any timeline on when they may come back?

Thanks

I’m still seeing this as an option in Project One! What country are you in?

Hey Mitch@Trek - any update on the BTB system for Canada? My LBS says they still can’t order it. Thanks for your help.

I’m assuming you mean the BTA (between the arms) system right? This is available to be backordered by retailers in Canada. If they are unable to see it, have them give us a call!