Ironman Ottawa

I won’t happen, but they could do the whole event in the park with Lac Meech.

It could be the toughest IM event in North America if they wanted.

Again, not gonna happen.

Alternatively, along the 105 with a feed zone at Jean Burger could be popular.

Yeah, unfortunately Ironman events with particularly tough courses aren’t a huge draw. And the Meech cottagers would shit a chicken if there was an Ironman on the lake. No way that’s happening.

The Jean Burger feed station made me legit howl at my breakfast table. Solid poutine at that joint…it’s been a frequent stop on my long rides up to Wakefield…which is probably what keeps me solidly in the Clydesdale category.

I plotted a 90 km on the 105 (pure speculation, but figured it will be a two loop type of race) and it is still ~900 m elevation gain per lap. So Muskoka-Tremblant type of hilly even on the 105.

How far up the 105 does it go? The past the Wakefield turn around / Tim Hortons?

Sounds perfect. Nice & rolling…no crazy climbs. Flat courses are boring.

How far up the 105 does it go? The past the Wakefield turn around / Tim Hortons?

Beyond that would be sketchy in terms of traffic IMO

But at this point it’s Ironman Gatineau. My money is 90+ % on the Ontario side

The more I think about it, I bet it will be the parkway, from Lincoln Heights to Parliament, along Sussex past Rockliffe airport, as someone said along a lot of road closed every Sunday.

Yeah, Wakefield would be at around 30 km mark, so I added another 15 km just north of Wakefield. Again, all speculation.

The cycle for CHEO route is 70km and seems like there is room to extend it a little, could maybe form the basis form an IM course.

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/34331221?lang=en

nah we put the bike turnaround at kazabazua, feed at the binerie

that’s the route I would see. The whole part along the Ottawa river, maybe x3 then the part along the canal for the run. Works with the Brittania swim. 1.5km from me to go watch

Kaz-Croute!

I’d love to see it on the Ottawa side, but I just don’t see a viable swim option with space for transition, mainstage, expo etc.

But you never know…sometimes Ironman has fragmented races with swim and/or T1/2 in different spots.

Kaz-Croute!

I’d love to see it on the Ottawa side, but I just don’t see a viable swim option with space for transition, mainstage, expo etc.

But you never know…sometimes Ironman has fragmented races with swim and/or T1/2 in different spots.

There is a lot of room between Westboro beach and Champlain bridge.

Ok…it’s obviously happening, and it’s obviously going to be on the Ottawa side of the River.

Check out this quote from Lesley Pincombe, VP of Business & Major Events for Ottawa Tourism in Jan 2024 - “…We have so much green space and we want to host maybe an Ironman or triathlons using our canal, our waterways, and our roadways. We have over 800 kilometers of bike paths here."

Source: https://www.sportspromedia.com/insights/interviews/iihf-world-junior-championships-2025-ottawa-hosting-strategy-ice-hockey/

Not sure how this quote didn’t create more buzz at the time.

…aaaand Ironman just gave a hint that an annoucement will be coming tomorrow for a new event in the NorthEast…and shows a Canadian Flag.

…aaaand Ironman just gave a hint that an annoucement will be coming tomorrow for a new event in the NorthEast…and shows a Canadian Flag.

Yep. And based on what you can see looks like “Ironman Ontario”
08/03/2025

08/03/2025

I think it is:

IRONMAN
CANADA 🍁 OTTAWA

08/03/2025

I think it is:

IRONMAN
CANADA 🍁 OTTAWA

99.999% for sure Ottawa/Gatineau try to book hotels now and already sold-out. July 31st-Aug 4th 2025 Can only mean that Ironman already pre-book many hotels!

My spare room is available.

We have a few Kickrs, a treadmill, a running path (rail trail) behind the house and a Masterspas Swim Spa.

I’ll start the bidding at $500/night.

Where did you see the announcement?

Re: hotels. If you look a month prior it is the same. Some hotels don’t release their rooms more than a year in advance.