Gif thread

I’m sorry if I haven’t been more helpful, so now I’ll try to be.

Step 1: copy the gif to your computer/phone
Step 2: use the upload button to load it into your post. It took a few seconds for it to load for me.

I think the part of the difference with the new version is that copy/paste doesn’t always work the way it used to.

IMG_4848

1 Like

c75f151968a37bf97a73e3430ecfba22

Yup the copy & paste is a little wonky. It will only work when you paste and get the message that’s it’s uploading and uploaded. Once that is done then the GIF will show. If you just see the GIF address then it won’t work.

giphy (1)

tenor (1)

1 Like

IMG_0013

Not a relevant gif, but my fave :wink:

hands

1 Like

hands

1 Like

i have only inserted my gifs in this thread on a desktop.

Cutting and pasting worked for me.

Well I just copied link address, pasted here and

Well it worked in the preview window… lol

lets try a drag and drop.

betty-white-it-works

Edit well that worked but its a bit more work, as I have to go split screen.

Trying highlight gif, choose copy… will now paste here.

a man with ear buds says it works|262.5x147.95454545454544

giphy

Copy and paste didn’t work. Although before I posted, the gif appeared in the box to the right of my reply but didn’t end up working?

Deleted it and tried again, selected Copy Image Link. Reposted, it popped up for about a second then this.

so there are 2 ways to copy (for me at least) one is the right click on the gif and a menu of many options appears, selecting copy link address and pasting that seems to get it to work in preview, but fail with brown box in thread. But if you highlight the gif, so click mouse then drag over gif you I get (maybe an opera feature) a Search, copy, snapshot choice if I choose copy and then paste that here it works.

…but when i download/upload and select a gif/photo to post, it shows up as text and not an image. Wasn’t sure it was going to work but seems to. Im on android and using chrome/google photos. Upside is that i couldn’t post gifs and photos were a PITA before the great migration.

On one failed attempt, I received the message that the gif file size limit is 4MB. It was so much easier in the other forum.

2 Likes

The only method that seems to work consistently across platforms & browsers is to download the gif to your platform and then upload using the Upload (mountain icon) button.

1 Like

How do you download a gif. I typically use Giphy. Old way was click the share button, click copy to clipboard then paste in ST. That doesn’t work now.

When I click the share button is saves a copy to my clipboard but not sure how to download it from the clipboard to my computer to then be able to upload it?