2024 Blazer EV

It is not an either or.

And I am not saying that EVs are bad, just the opposite. But not all EVs are created equal. If I say tesla has terrible build quality, I am not saying that burning fossil fuels for the last century is great, I am just saying that tesla can improve their cars. And I am saying that chevy EVs can also be improved hugely. And if GM EVs are 700 or more pounds heavier than other EVs that are in the same category and that perform just as well, call me crazy, but I think that is a clear area of improvement. Not really trying to say anything more than that.

Right now, we have a PHEV (with some help from you), but are looking at getting an EV to replace a 100% ICE car. As we look, we try to consider everything (country of manufacture, pax and cargo capacity, range, charging speed, build quality, curb weight, usability, price, tax credits, etc). And we were considering some of the new GMs (blazer or equinox), but, due to their excessive weight (again, compared to other quite similar EVs), maybe we will wait for the Bolt 2.0

I wanted a reasonably sized EV pickup, but it’s not gonna happen for a while. I’m only on my 4th day of ownership, so I’m sure no expert on EV’s but I like this one better than anything else I drove. I didn’t drive the Tesla’s, I don’t want to give Elon my money

I think you’re worrying about the minutia with the weight. There are plenty of 5000 lb cars and pickups on the road. Like an aero tri bike with a disc and a hed3, mine is heavy but it performs great.

BTW, what are the stock tires on your Blazer EV (size and type)? Curious if they’re one of the EV specific rubber compounds. I assume they’re the same size as what’s on an ICE vehicle.

Over in the ugly car forum, there’s a post that Tesla cybertruck tires are lasting only 6k miles. If you’ve got “normal” tires, you may expect to wear your out sooner due to the 5k weight they’re carrying.

Bridgestone Alenza Enliten, 255/60 19

And yes there are special EV tires the really fast wear is coming from the driver.