Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the g3 and 910xt. Do I need to do anything special on the bike prior to initiatinga calibration? Spin the wheel fwd, back, anything? I simply initiated calibration while the bike is idle, on my floor stand. It's that correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [WaiteForIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought a Powertap G3 (newer graphics) and connected it with my Garmin 500. I calibrated 3 times, 610, 614, 615 with zero torque value. Do I need to update firmware on my Powertap?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [powertap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the joule 1.0. I am able to clear the data but the ride info is still there. It says I have used 3.8 hours of the 25 or so it will hold but I have cleared the joule. I have the latest firmware. Any thoughts?

Jim

So, I managed to lose the LYC for my SL this week (flew off the mount when I hit a bump, and I couldn't find it).
I'm having trouble finding a replacement computer for wired hubs (the reasonably priced ones on ebay all say wireless).
Are the wireless LYC's backwards compatible with wired? If not, is it possible to "downgrade" them (presumably via a firmware update) to work with the wired hubs?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [rickthebrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi
A have a PowerTapSL+ MTB PM were there have been some periodic problems regarding thetransmission to my Garmin unit. And now itīs completely dead !! I havetried to replace the batteries and so but nothing helps. It seems like the ANT+transmitter need to be changed but it is an integrated part of the hub in thisversion. The distributor tells me, that PT no longer provide spare parts forthis version of hubs and I therefore have du replace the complete internal unitto the G3 version which is quite expensive. As an alternative he offered me acomplete new G3 hub with discount.
Is there someonewho have knowledge of any other alternatives ??

Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamaican wrote:
On my Joule GPS, I have both Interval and Ride Time displayed. The auxiliary views for Interval are Interval Power and Time. When I hit the Interval button, a new interval starts and everything is fine, except that the Ride Time also resets to zero, whereas it never did that before. This is true whether I choose to display 'Interval' or 'Lap' in the Configure Device dialog from PowerAgent. Any ideas?
You ever get this answered? I believe you accidentally flipped it into "interval mode." If you look at the top line of the screen, you'll see it says something like "lap" or "interval". If you hold down the interval button for 3 seconds or so it'll flip back into standard mode, and the top line will show something like the temperature.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [tgator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if you "need" to, (what I mean is, I don't really know what the higher reading mean and if they materially impact things), but my n=1.... I consistently had 505 with zero torque for the better part of a year and all of a sudden had a much higher reading, maybe in the 700's?, and was also having an issue where I couldn't get a power reading on any of 3 head units. I updated the firmware and problem solved, back down to 504 of 505 consistently and everything works perfectly fine. I'd give it a go if you haven't already.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [WaiteForIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt, I'm looking to buy a Powertap SL+ from a local guy. I went to check out the hub and in test mode on the LYC it is displaying an offset value of 526. After reading this thread it seems like it may be fine but may not be as it is not 512 +/12 . Thoughts?

Race Reports, etc -- Bob's Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Jamaican wrote:
On my Joule GPS, I have both Interval and Ride Time displayed. The auxiliary views for Interval are Interval Power and Time. When I hit the Interval button, a new interval starts and everything is fine, except that the Ride Time also resets to zero, whereas it never did that before. This is true whether I choose to display 'Interval' or 'Lap' in the Configure Device dialog from PowerAgent. Any ideas?

You ever get this answered? I believe you accidentally flipped it into "interval mode." If you look at the top line of the screen, you'll see it says something like "lap" or "interval". If you hold down the interval button for 3 seconds or so it'll flip back into standard mode, and the top line will show something like the temperature.

That's good to know. I think I've done that before while riding, mistakenly trying to get into settings and steering at the same time. I'll verify when I get home.

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Strava
Classifieds FS | WTB
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [jesse@bontrager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the PowerTap trade in program. Any chance this would extend to a G3 hub? I have more wheels than I know what to do with, so I don't need any more wheel sets. I would, however, like to get a couple to upgrade existing wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few questions about the upgrade program as well. Also, can anyone tell me if he G3 hub can be mated with a a Mavic cosmic carbon SLR wheelset or an Oval Concepts 945 carbon wheelset?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy that started this thread (Jesse@bontrager) was once Jesse@powertap, but no longer works for Powertap, hence the change in his user name. I'm not sure anyone at Powertap or Cycleops is actually monitoring this thread to reply to questions like Jesse did..
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Yes I see that we're in the woods alone here a bit (sound of crickets....). Hopefully someone can provide some help.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after using my powertap g3 happily for almost 1 year it has started to act kinda weird on me leaving me with some questions.
1. how do you do the auto calibration that garmin suggests when it finds the powermeter? i know you leave the bike alone while, but should it be in a specific gear combo while? i noticed the calibration went from 330 to 430 when i switch from 39-28 to 39-12 gearing and then calibrated, but only did it once, so dont know if it was a glitch

2. my powertap has always shown 500-520 in calibration until about a month ago where it started drifting towards 430 where it is settled at now... the readings seem to be okay and comparable when it was 500 ich, so should i leave it at 430 or send it in to get it recalibrated by powertap? its still within warranty so ill just have to go without my wheel for some time.

3. what can change the value of the calibration? can things like the tightness of the cassette mounted (how much you tightened the cassette screw?), the qr release tightness? the gear combo when calibrating?

hope you can help me clarify it :)

thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [berchrker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
berchrker wrote:
3. what can change the value of the calibration? can things like the tightness of the cassette mounted (how much you tightened the cassette screw?), the qr release tightness? the gear combo when calibrating?

hope you can help me clarify it :)

thanks in advance

Don't know about the first 2, sounds like your electronics are bugged...

I think it's unlikely you changed anything mechanically that would affect the calibration value.

The freehub is just pushed on, and the lockring isn't going to make a difference. You can pull off the end cap and pull the entire cassette and body off with your hand easily.

QR tightness shouldn't matter either, there are internal spacers to keep the QR compression solid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you changed the battery?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes replaced it 2 months ago when it said low battery, used a GP battery of the same kind as the one already installed, so doubt it running on empty again???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without knowing the current voltage, it's a bit of assumption to say it's not a simple battery issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ill try chaning the battery, would love if that fixed it :D
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [SCrono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi SCrono,

Go into PowerAgent and plug your joule in. Then head to configure device. Once the configure screen pops up head to the "rides" tab. Click on the rides you want to delete and then click delete (the delete key on your keyboard). That should clear the rides from your Joule and free up space.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [rickthebrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rick,

Call our customer service hotline and they will be able to help you out. The wireless cervos are not backwards compatible to work with wired.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [C W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey CW,

You would be fine with that calibration. However it is up to you as I do not know how the powertap was used. I suggest checking it out first if you are worried. We also have a 20% powertap promotion going on right now if interested in a new hub.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I got to your message before our trade-in program ended. Call our customer service line and they can help you out with your inquiry.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Yes this is true, Jesse did move on into a new position at a new company. We have had a little bit of swapping of positions over here at PowerTap. I am the new Brand Manager for PowerTap. I will try to respond to all of your questions the best I can, but please be patient with responses. I do encourage you all to use our well-known customer service at 800.246.5975 or support@powertap.com for quicker help with your questions.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MCSLC wrote:
I have a few questions about the upgrade program as well. Also, can anyone tell me if he G3 hub can be mated with a a Mavic cosmic carbon SLR wheelset or an Oval Concepts 945 carbon wheelset?

Thanks in advance.

The Cosmic SLR will not be compatible due to the differing spokes. You should be fine with the Oval. I still recommend that an experience wheelbuilder build up the wheel for you. And remember that the PowerTap hub must be laced as a 2x pattern.

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply

Prev Next