Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wongstar hit by car during IM Korea, now she retires
Quote | Reply
From her blog: a pretty awful car crash during Ironman Korea. Wongstar also said that it was her last race as a Pro for Team TBB.

Her blog was great. I'll miss her sense of humor.

http://blogs.teamtbb.com/jocelynwong/

Lisa

http://www.lisakildayphotography.com

Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar hit by car during IM Korea, now she retires [lisalisadc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see Jocelyn is going to be all right.

But she is NOT retiring. This is just her last race with Team TBB. While she has found her dream job, she will still be racing as well. In fact, I think she still has a couple more IM's this year. I am sure she will continue to blog the whole work/train/race experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey! thanks for the shoutout. :) Your subject should've been "Wongstar swims a 1:02, now she semi-retires!" There I changed it for you!

I'm not actually retiring as a pro triathlete, I just got tired of being $100k in debt from student loans. So I'm going back to work as a prosthetist-orthotist (32hrs/week) and I'll still be racing pro...and probably going faster since I won't be stressed out about paying the bills any more! After 4 yrs on teamTBB, I'm going rogue and will eventually get my own sponsors. I haven't been attending the training camps in over a year and didn't want the pressure of having the same results expected of me as my former teammates who train & race full-time.

as for the blog, a new one will be unveiled very soon...and it's going to be even BIGGER AND BETTER!

so don't be sad. the best is yet to come!

:: I came, I saw, I conquered. then I ran out of money, crashed into a car during an Ironman, and now work a bad-ass job making prosthetic legs for wounded warriors. ::

the blog: My So-Called Civilian Life :: theWongstar.com :: follow me @theWongstar
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [Wongstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also for the record, it was more of me hitting the car than the car hitting me. It was in my way ;)

:: I came, I saw, I conquered. then I ran out of money, crashed into a car during an Ironman, and now work a bad-ass job making prosthetic legs for wounded warriors. ::

the blog: My So-Called Civilian Life :: theWongstar.com :: follow me @theWongstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woohoo! Best of luck in your new endeavor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES I DID!!!!! it's the biggest deal ever!!!!

and no, the course wasn't short!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you showed that car who was boss!

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome Swim!

It will be easier to race for sure with out the stress. Great move. Best of luck to you on that! Loved the write up on your blog about the crash..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should go un-pro, then go pro again as celebration

Wongstar wrote:
YES I DID!!!!! it's the biggest deal ever!!!!

and no, the course wasn't short!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Wongstar. Are you still doing the B2B Full this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Scott from Georgia!

yes I will be doing B2B Full. you too???

am I totally excited about the downhill swim? oh yes! sub-1hr is not impossible! :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So proud of how far you've come! I remember CaliMan 2004 and still have that picture of you, me and the Dutchman.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck in the future!

I noticed on your web page you are from Pacifica, I grew up there myself (well Westview up on top of Manor). Way to represent!
Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks CLM!!!

I think I did the half-ironman that year and didn't even break 6 hours. I guess that means I've improved :)

Quote Reply
Re: Wongstar swims a 1:02! now she semi-retires! [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P-Town, represent!!!

My parents still live in the Fairmont area, Hickey Blvd right off Skyline. Top of the hill and way foggier than SF! I remember playing hide-and-seek in the fog during recess. I have always said I wanted to go back and host Karaoke Night at the Seahorse Saloon. Am I famous enough yet for the 94044?

Quote Reply