Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zipp wheels rubbing rear brake
Quote | Reply
I borrowed a training partner of mine's Zipp808 race wheels this past weekend. I felt as though I had resistance most of the last half of my ride. They are a set of 2010 wheels. Someone that builds wheels asked me if I felt the rear wheel rubbing the rear brake. I did not even mention that I felt the resistance at the time he asked me. Can someone tell me if they have had any issues with that? I am a larger rider, 6'1" 215. I think wheels were built with standard spoke count
Quote Reply
Re: zipp wheels rubbing rear brake [jmonistere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmonistere wrote:
I borrowed a training partner of mine's Zipp808 race wheels this past weekend. I felt as though I had resistance most of the last half of my ride. They are a set of 2010 wheels. Someone that builds wheels asked me if I felt the rear wheel rubbing the rear brake. I did not even mention that I felt the resistance at the time he asked me. Can someone tell me if they have had any issues with that? I am a larger rider, 6'1" 215. I think wheels were built with standard spoke count

Zipp Super 9 disc rubbed on my 2012 P2. I tried expanding the brake as far as possible, (even race site bike mechanic) and shaved down the brakes and still had rub. Mr Google says it's a common problem though with P2's. However, Zipp 404 clinchers work fine. Pretty sure though 25 vs 23 has something to do with it.
Quote Reply