Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zipp 3001 comfort question
Quote | Reply
I have been a softride rider for a while but my 700 rocket TT got wrecked in a crash so I need a new frame. Softrides kinda in limbo right now and would like to try something new. Got a look 486 but it kills my back. Is anyone familiar with how the zipp beam bikes absorb road vibration? Are they like a softride or more like a triangle frame. I did the 70.3 championships on the look and had a great bike split but was in so much pain off the bike I could barely run. A buddy of mine has a 3001 like new hes looking to sell.
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 3001 comfort question [softrider757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i loved my old Zipp 2001......but a bit too flexy in the rear drop outs.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 3001 comfort question [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was it comfort wise, Im willing to sacrifice stiffness for comfort. Do you have back issues?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Softride is in limbo, zipp doesn't make bikes anymore. Have you considered a Titanflex?

Las Vegas NV | IM KY 07
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 3001 comfort question [softrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have considered titan flex and will probably get one if I cant find another softride 700 or if the zipp hurts my back. The titan flex looks kinda funky though ( not that the softride doesnt)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zipp was very comfortable.....and the beam was adjustable......you could lock it or ride with a little travel.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Last edited by: Bladed: Nov 12, 06 15:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are looking for another Rocket you might want to contact Wheelie Fun multisport in Ohio. They used to be a softride dealer and they may be able to get you set up with a new frame.

Las Vegas NV | IM KY 07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply