Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

xlab rear hydration
Quote | Reply
Hi STr's

I am running an xlab torpedo front hydration mount on my p2 with the cervelo aero 500 bottle on downtube. Currently have xlab turbo wing double hyd for rear 1 side has flat kit 1 for xtra bottle
Is it worth getting a single rear cage with aero pouch from xlab for racing? Just wondering how much time it might save over a 70.3 at an avg of 20mph?
Quote Reply
Re: xlab rear hydration [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it being behind the saddle, i would think any gains you would get by going to a single mount with pouch would be so minimal it wouldnt be able to be qualified. ive ran both setups like youre talking about (both xlabs) and for just needing a single bottle of fluid back there i prefer the single bottle with their aero pouch. it just looks cooler.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: xlab rear hydration [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to think about weight as well. I nailed down my nutrition so by the time I get to the aid station, my bottles are almost empty. Keep things as light and as aero as possible. I use torpedo bottle in the front, concentrated Tailwind on the downtube and repair kit behind the saddle using Xlab ML mount. I have P2 as well
Quote Reply
Re: xlab rear hydration [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the xlab aero pouch for your flat kit with your xlab ml ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smallhips wrote:
Do you have the xlab aero pouch for your flat kit with your xlab ml ?
my flat kit is in the rear storage on my premier tactical. i have used the aero pouch for various nutrition / itty bitty tools for just in case. ive never needed it so i decided to not use it to save the weight up high on the bike.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i came here to ask this same question
Quote Reply