Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

www.timetrial.org
Quote | Reply
Ive been thinking about this for some time. I want to get as much aero, fit, training, racing, race calendar, equipment reviews, etc. regarding time trial into one place on the web, a resource that will promote the sport through education.

I am going to focus the theme of the site based upon the Southern California time trial racing scene, since that's where I am.

The info and resources in the site will apply to all TT racing though.

I hope once the site gets going I can get sponsorship to cover the costs of keeping it hosted and up to date.

Ill get content from various sources on the web, and hopefully get authorization to use copyrighted materials on other web sites.

It will be a non-commercial site, not for profit.

I plan on having the content done before I launch it, but it will be at www.timetrial.org, not .com - which is owned by Gerard at Cervelo.

I'll probably ask for submissions from the knowledgeable posters on this site in the future, such as reviews, training/nutrition/fit tips, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cool, I registered timetrial.com years ago with the exact same idea, never got around to it but in the past few months I've been working on it a bit more seriously. Maybe we should join forces and put Dan out of business. Just kidding!

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it wont be like Slowtwitch. Slowtwitch has a certain style, or class of viewer that this site will attract but it will not focus on triathlon so much. It will have more of a focus on world time trial racing news/events.

It will be more of a reference than a "culture". More like a "toned down version" combination of Cyclingnews.com, Active.com & Trinewbies.com but without bulletin boards. Just good info. No politics or coroporate influence in the artices, reviews, etc. (with exception to sponsor advertising).

I am hoping that I can build it into a great tool for training/racing, where users can get good info on fit, training, nutrition, techniques, "my first TT", aero equipement, bicycles, pedalling style, clothing, race day prep and more.

And of course it will have a HUGE amount of the site devoted to aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Gary i am always looking for info and just like looking at the machines and riders,when are you going to have it up and running?
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no dates right now, I want to get some good content built before I launch, likely this spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would like to see it as I'm thinking a trying a few lower level TT's this summer if there is a sort of middle aged AG type division for me to run in. Biking is by far my best event in tri, but that might only be because my swimming and running are so mediocre, so I'm curious to see how I might do in a TT.
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was usually 1st in the bike splits in Du as an AG, but only about top 5 or so (although I had 2 3rds and a 1st once) as a CAT 4, right now my times are slower but will pick up by this summer I think.

On a side note, I am also building this site to promote racing in my area, to keep people interested and entries high. TT is very popular in England and I am trying to get info organized in Cal. to folow their model.

In SoCal we have four year round time trial series with over 30 TT races throughout the year, but no real web presence!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey there sounds good---as many of you know im in New Zealand right now (coming home soon) and they have a TT series over here i've been doing which is set up pretty cool. You pay $2 to race, and you get points. One point for just racing and one point for getting a personal record on that course. At the end of the series, they divy up the money to the top 5-10 points winners. One of the nice things is that it doesnt reward the fastest, it rewards the most consistent and most improving riders. So at the end of the last series, old guys who had some of the slowest times got the money cause they were there every wednesday and kept inproving their times.

Cheers

jeremyb

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TT is a pure form of cycling where equipment choice and design plays a huge factor. I have always marveled in the bikes of this cycling nature.Same with triathlon bikes. Hopefully, the site can feature all these aero wonders with a forum to discuss the merits of each equipment. A gallery is a MUST where we can download images either from bike sites shared, or personal rides.

Great idea. Let me know when the site is up!!!! Its about time.
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] Its about time.[/reply]

Hey, that is the slogan I was working with for timetrial.com!

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also looking forward to your new site. Maybe you can establish a connection with the euros and get some useful insight from them. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: www.timetrial.org [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it will have a bike gallery, but I will be censoring the submissions, no plans for a forum right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My ears perked up when I saw that you were going to do this site. I want to do something similar in the Midwest (not the site, but a TT club) as the fun of TT's is not something you find a lot of here.

I am looking forward to seeing your site.
Quote Reply
Some other features of timetrial.org [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working through some legal things right now with copyrighted materials. My primary goal here is to promote TT racing in SoCal, to keep it alive and increase it's popularity. I want to be able to race TT for years to come and I believe that the sport will have to bring in new racers to keep the race series' going. Since I do not volunteer in other ways, this is my part to help the sport. All of the TT specific info will be useable by anyone though, in any area. It is going to be a site unlike any other that I have seen, specific to the world of TT.

To cover costs I will seek sponsorship once the site is up and running. Also, I am going to have some vinyl disc wheel hole covers made up with the "TimeTrial.org" logo on them that will cover the pump holes on all discs/HED 3/Corima 4/etc. They will be available as well. Cool eh!

Also included:
  • aerodynamic data from all sources, laid out in a reaasonable manner
  • time trial specific training programs
  • position/fit details
  • nutrition
  • aero gear reviews
  • time trial bike gallery
  • news from the world of time trial racing and gear news
  • race calendar, maps and course info for SoCal TT's
  • SoCal TT race news

Anyone else got ideas? (no plans for a forum at this point)
Quote Reply